Custom 3D Models and Mods Compilation

Well then there should be the possibility for me to use modified hedges/bocage/tall bocage as vehicle camo.

M48 Patton with Seatchligh V4 Camo + M60 V4 Camo (previous post)

3UYzORX.png

- Added woodland camo to the M48. Again nothing professional just a placeholder until one comes up with better skins. I suspect a simple olive paint job with lots of vanilla vehicle gear would look pretty good. By default the M48 replaces the T55MV

- Refined the desert camo on the M60 which by default replaces the T62M

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1tviryry89g6py7/AAAJpSvGH6u1iEx4WzwVLSnJa?dl=0

Edited by Aquila-CM

How to quickly add Custom Models to Scenarios Without Getting Spoilered

Adding custom models to scenarios without getting spoilered about friendly and enemy forces composition:- You can add your own custom models to scenarios by opening them in the CM editor. You can navigate and modify map objects without getting spoilered about friendly or enemy forces composition and with some practice it doesn´t take long. Usually I find it rather annoying that you have to access 3 different screens in order to check & modify map and unit placement but for doing on the fly eye candy map edits prior playing it has a plus.

I replaced trafficlight1.mdr to trafficlight5.mdr as there are not much traffic lights in the jungle and as tall and slim objects are the best for custom models because of draw distance and them being placeable in close porximity (see post here covering this). In the picture you see the Hesco medium, cargo container which eventually were combined with LOS/LOF/Movement blocking walls.

- Last time I checked the West Side Boys didn´t had a big personal cargo ship parked right in front of their door. But to test and showcase this on the fly method. its fine. Around 5 Minutes and zero thought were invested into placement. Imagine what it could look like with some proper consideration and care.

- Big objects like the cargo ship are best placed in the background scenery however even the draw distance of stuff like traffic lights will be not enough on huge distances. For this perhaps replacing an unimportant vehicle and turn it into immobilized or wreck could give extra draw distance AFAIK.

- I´ve noticed that 37mm`s PBR and the M48 may have better FOV behavior, if so this has likely to do with the BRDM-2 and T-55 hulls they use as a primer, if true, using big vehicle primer hulls would be generally better for all custom models.

- I´ve experimented with putting buildings into my Aircraft Carrier and made a "mutiny battle aboard the aircraft carrier" experiment scenario. However when moving/zooming into the model the carrier fades out. Also the FOV issue is made worse when being so close to these Giants with the camera. It still was an unique way of enjoying CM and I had much fun with the test as I am not troubled by this downsides.

Custom Models beyond the Map Edge:

As you can see in the first video the cargo ship goes out of bounds aslong the primer object stays on the map. So if you increase the distance between primer object and custom model one could place stuff into the void as visualized in this professional drawing:

gFTxJyk.png

From the first thoughts there is not much practical use for this other than some exotic ideas. One could place barrage balloons or ships into the empy void. One could create a big billboard with player information/rules floating in the air which is attached to a small primer flavor object with low draw distance, so that it fades out when the player is not looking at it. One could attach ships or balloons to invisible vehicles which drive around the map edge so you would have moving objects in the void. One could spawn a terrifying void god which rains down artillery via reinforcements you name it.  Time will tell if this possibility will become handy.

Destructible Custom Models:

- When custom models are used as flavor objects they can be cleared/destroyed either by artillery (confirmed) or by vehilce fire AFAIK. Same of course goes for the invisible LOS/LOF/Movement blocking walls inside them. From what I saw there it requires close and/or multiple hits and higher calibre ordnance to clear flavor objects as you can see that there is a chance that they will remain for quiet some time even under heavy artillery fire. However the invisble inside walls are all quick goners for sure in this test.

- I pretty exciting when your base or whatever is getting hammered badly.

- However if you want indestructible custom models its best to use wrecks or bunkers then for them. Nothing can remove them. In order to remain indestructible LOS/LOF/Movement blocking no matter what one also should use big modtagged wreck replacements. For indestructible movement blocking of infantry however a wreck is not enough, here you need to go somewhat creative and either work with impassable terrain tiles beneath or something similar.

- Like already shown custom objects replacing (immobilized) vehicles can be used as reinforcements and victory condition goals.

OP Barras Playthrough with H&E terrain & assets, custom map objects, and CMSF2 African Forces Mod  

Edited by Aquila-CM

Syria Wintermod Collection V2

- Collection of various terrain & vehicle winter mods most come from CMBS, credit goes to the original authors. Renamed and substituted missing textures. Added some foliage skins. Syrian or Russian Forces vehicles are converted. When in your z folder any campaign/scenario you boot up will get the winter visuals. When using the Russian Forces mod alongside it the winter mod needs to load last (add zzzz to the wintermod folder for example).

- Some of the vehicles shown are optional (Tigr, BTR-80). However I should´ve included winter skins for the vanilla UAZ and BTR-60 aswell.

- The vehicles have different winter camo, some are just partially covered by winter camo. I did this on purpose as I enjoy this non-uniform look.

- I designed this specifically for a Syria Civil War Hasrabit campaign playthrough. So all vehicles appearing in this campaign on both sides should get a winter paintjob. No infantry changes. But with below method you can complete any vehicle/uniform you wish for. 

- Some of the vehicles were reskinned by using this quick method shown here. Obviously its not there to compete with hard work skins but I think this still produces great results, especially when using "enhance shadows", desaturate to grey for winter skins, to sepia for desert skins (see post on this here). If there are headlights etc. you don´t want to modify cut these texture parts out before desaturizing and afterwards "paste in place".

In action:

Edited by Aquila-CM

Winter Camo Special Forces, Winter Regulars & Winter Ninjas

While I never saw winter camo among Syrian Loyalist/FSA soldiers I still wanted to create some for my winter campaign. Its not unthinkable that at least some Special Forces units would have access to winter coats, and fighters operating in areas such as the Anti-Lebanon mountains could utilize them too. The SOF AK74 got winter camo aswell. Also may come in handy for non-Syrian scenarios.

I won´t add them to the Winter mod collection yet as for me some winter camo & snowy vehicles together with regular Syrian uniforms is more authentic overall. I will soon upload a video to my channel with raw uncommented footage of the creation. It took about an hour, it would have taken half the time but some of the Syrian uniform files are confusing. I will showcase some of them in the next Special Forces Loyalist campaign playthroughs in a rag tag fashion i. e. few soldiers will come with winter camo, most won´t. 

2HiLNeC.png

SnSZz58.pngPg1TphM.png

Edited by Aquila-CM

Amazing work you've done.  You should start a game company.  BF needs some competition to keep it on its toes.  :)

PS:  It would be helpful if you dated or reorganized the files to make it easy to see what's new and what's old.  I find myself downloading everything every time.  Thanks...

Edited by Erwin

Haha thanks for the kind words but I already have a very fullfilling profession I would´t give away for something else.

I use "V2, V3 etc" version numbers on file names in order to visualize updated versions and almost always only keep the most recent version as my Dropbox is completely full and denying me the usage of more space. I started to remove some mods already to make room for new ones.

By the way @sbobovyc is it somehow possible to circumvent the "texture missing" error upon exporting, i. e. sometimes you work on models and textures are already assigned but they are not present in the original location or not present in the project folder thus Blender can´t find them and would not allow exporting. Combat Mission however finds textures by names looking in the original game data or the z folder without the need for exact file locations. It can be sometimes a time consuming effort to collect all assigned textures just in order to export. 

I´ve uploaded the Syrian Infantry Winter Skins Alpha Mod to the box. Black BDU Special Forces full winter outfit, Fighter Ninjas full winter outfit (some UNCON combatants could be affected), Regulars partially, most will appear in standard woodland but all should have winter helmets, rest (tankers, reserve, airborne, civies) should remain mostly untouched. 

Edited by Aquila-CM

Wintermod Collection V3

- reorganized folder structure so people can easier pick/delete parts they want to keep/remove

- added further winter skins for BRDM, BMD-1, BMD-2, and BMP-1D (the BMP-1D is a CMA Vehicle)

- you need to install these vehicle mods seperately, they will then use the skins, make sure the winter mod comes after the vehicles in z folder hierarchy

- all vehicle winter skins could also be used for the origin vehicle in CMBS or CMA without renaming i.e. if you throw the collection´s BMD skin files into your CMA z folder, it will give the vehicles there also snow camo.

- I want to mention that the Snow Ninjas of the Syrian Infantry Winter Skins Mod are based on the creation of Sir Lancelot, the original mod can be found here: 

In action alongside Syrian Infantry Winter Skins Mod:

What happens when You put the Wintermod Collection without change into the Combat Mission Afghanistan z Folder

CMA comes with winter tiles and snow weather on its own but some changes happen if you put the mod in:

standard (+ Kieme Mods)

dFua170.png

wintermod:

KquWqvg.png

Not much change but what you don´t see is that there is a snow covered peak just some height above on the left. So its more natural when there are at least some snow patches beneath it.

standard (+ Kieme Mods)

IcrcNJc.png

wintermod:

M9JS6yz.png

-Again not so much, different snow, streets, and bushes covered in snow but not more realistic than standard. Its a matter of taste.

- Subtle changes on most maps but if you look for a fresh look of the CMA visuals its worth a try.

- Downside: Some elements will stay snowy or winter-like even on non-snow CMA maps until you remove the mod.

- The new folder structure allows for quick pick & removal. If you just want the CMA terrain modification obviously remove the vehicles part from the mod folder.

You need winter camo for your vehicle but have neither paint nor cover then why not use your old newspapers

sQkKJaZ9E3TxUJvPtDbxUmPd7Gd6xg1MvPsgRI9B

Edited by Aquila-CM

On 7/20/2019 at 7:03 AM, Aragorn2002 said:

Just discovered this, Pretty sensational. I hope you will also give some attention to the WW2 games, especially CMRT.

Apart from that I would love to have a mod for fallen soldiers, to add atmosphere to the battlefield. Would that in theory be possible?

On 10/23/2019 at 8:25 PM, Aquila-CM said:

Wintermod Collection V3

- reorganized folder structure so people can easier pick/delete parts they want to keep/remove

- added further winter skins for BRDM, BMD-1, BMD-2, and BMP-1D (the BMP-1D is a CMA Vehicle)

- you need to install these vehicle mods seperately, they will then use the skins, make sure the winter mod comes after the vehicles in z folder hierarchy

- all vehicle winter skins could also be used for the origin vehicle in CMBS or CMA without renaming i.e. if you throw the collection´s BMD skin files into your CMA z folder, it will give the vehicles there also snow camo.

- I want to mention that the Snow Ninjas of the Syrian Infantry Winter Skins Mod are based on the creation of Sir Lancelot, the original mod can be found here: 

In action alongside Syrian Infantry Winter Skins Mod:

What happens when You put the Wintermod Collection without change into the Combat Mission Afghanistan z Folder

CMA comes with winter tiles and snow weather on its own but some changes happen if you put the mod in:

standard (+ Kieme Mods)

dFua170.png

wintermod:

KquWqvg.png

Not much change but what you don´t see is that there is a snow covered peak just some height above on the left. So its more natural when there are at least some snow patches beneath it.

standard (+ Kieme Mods)

IcrcNJc.png

wintermod:

M9JS6yz.png

-Again not so much, different snow, streets, and bushes covered in snow but not more realistic than standard. Its a matter of taste.

- Subtle changes on most maps but if you look for a fresh look of the CMA visuals its worth a try.

- Downside: Some elements will stay snowy or winter-like even on non-snow CMA maps until you remove the mod.

- The new folder structure allows for quick pick & removal. If you just want the CMA terrain modification obviously remove the vehicles part from the mod folder.

You need winter camo for your vehicle but have neither paint nor cover then why not use your old newspapers

sQkKJaZ9E3TxUJvPtDbxUmPd7Gd6xg1MvPsgRI9B

Just a little verification - those mods are not made by Kieme but by me lol 

With best regards  - Oleksandr. 

29 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Just a little verification - those mods are not made by Kieme but by me lol 

With best regards  - Oleksandr. 

I was referring to Kieme´s terrain mods which are used on the "before" screenshots.

Nevertheless the olive BMP on the screenshot is by Oleksandr and I can recommend his great mods, I use alot of them on my default installs especially when it comes to CMA and CMBS, check them out.

CIA Special Activies Center Special Operations Group Forces

AnNkHiq.png

- made this in some minutes for an upcoming US vs Drug Cartel/Radicals setting playthrough of the "In Search of a Ghost" campaign.

- credits go to the various modders that created the original artwork.

- the playthrough will showcase the H&E Mod terrain and an slightly modified version of the African Forces Mod.  

- Not on Dropbox as mine has no space left. On interest contact me on YT or etc.

Edited by Aquila-CM

1 hour ago, Aquila-CM said:

I was referring to Kieme´s terrain mods which are used on the "before" screenshots.

Nevertheless the olive BMP on the screenshot is by Oleksandr and I can recommend his great mods, I use alot of them on my default installs especially when it comes to CMA and CMBS, check them out.

CIA Special Activies Center Special Operations Group Forces

AnNkHiq.png

- made this in some minutes for an upcoming US vs Drug Cartel/Radicals setting playthrough of the "In Search of a Ghost" campaign.

- credits go to the various modders that created the original artwork.

- the playthrough will showcase the H&E Mod terrain and an slightly modified version of the African Forces Mod.  

- Not on Dropbox as mine has no space left. On interest contact me on YT or etc.

Thank you man! Love your work as well! checking up on your youtube oftenly! 

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2019 at 6:51 PM, ViperAssassin26 said:

I saw on a video recently that its possible to do helo landings. how an I use it in SF2 with the UH-60.

It can be done easily enough using Exit Zones, as explained by ,@Ivan Zaitzev , above...However it is purely a special effect and using it places a number of constraints on the designer.

Firstly there's an exit zone where each helo is located, so any units from the same side entering that area will leave the map.....This can be accounted for by placing a very clearly marked 'Evac Zone' or similar on the map (this area should not be part of the player's Setup Zone).  Place the helos near the edge of the 'Evac Zone' and the troops that are supposed to be landing from them just outsideit, in the player's Setup Zone itself.  On setup the player will see the helos and troops, but when he clicks go the helos will vanish.

The other and more significant issue is the usual constraints that Exit Zones place upon the use of Destroy Unit Objectives.

HTH

On 12/24/2019 at 9:58 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

It can be done easily enough using Exit Zones, as explained by ,@Ivan Zaitzev , above...However it is purely a special effect and using it places a number of constraints on the designer.

Firstly there's an exit zone where each helo is located, so any units from the same side entering that area will leave the map.....This can be accounted for by placing a very clearly marked 'Evac Zone' or similar on the map (this area should not be part of the player's Setup Zone).  Place the helos near the edge of the 'Evac Zone' and the troops that are supposed to be landing from them just outsideit, in the player's Setup Zone itself.  On setup the player will see the helos and troops, but when he clicks go the helos will vanish.

The other and more significant issue is the usual constraints that Exit Zones place upon the use of Destroy Unit Objectives.

HTH

oh ok I see. Thanks for the info. the other problem I'm facing is attaching the night vision goggles onto the ACH, but flipping them so that they stay up. anyway I can get help with that?

On 12/26/2019 at 3:34 AM, Aquila-CM said:

You can rotate model parts which should help getting the NOD idea done. I use the middle mouse button function for that.

I used the rotate idea before and joined it to the helmet and saved it but when I went to test it out all I got was helmetless troops with a picture of the helmet BMP attached to their foreheads. weird. Or when i try attaching a foregrip to the M16 with the acog the rifle disappears. weird lol

Ok, I asked this in another topic but it might get some more attention here:

I edited a bolt action rifle in CMFI with a new obj, have clip, muzzle and extraction. Managed to export as mdr from blender. But when I fire the game, the rifle is invisible. I'm guessing this is a texture problem. The file I have renders textures in Blender, all wood and metal. But when I go to UV editing there is nothing there. And the textures are three separate files (two for metal, one for wood).

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks