Stuarts 37mm vs PzIVH

I have been playing around with some QB's and in numerous occasions  that the Stuarts 37mm is penetrating/partial penetrating the front of the PzIVH Mantle (which should have around 80-88mm armor) anywhere from 500-1000 meters, and causing it to either destroy the Optics/Gun or causing a Crew Casualty.

I could understand hitting close to the Optics and taking it out, but actual penetration and taking out the Gun ?...I assume CM simulates the difference between the Turret Face (which the Stuart can partial or fully penetrate), and the Turret Mantle (which I'm not sure if Stuart can penetrate).

Thoughts..?

Edited by JoMc67

Maybe an elevation jam on the barrel? If so tank is useless and crew would bail.

I tired this in a scenario with stuart hidden in tall hedge, pz ivH coming at it down the road head on. The hits on the mantle do not show as visible marks.  Stuart disables it every time.

Edited by user1000

16 hours ago, user1000 said:

Maybe an elevation jam on the barrel? If so tank is useless and crew would bail.

I tired this in a scenario with stuart hidden in tall hedge, pz ivH coming at it down the road head on. The hits on the mantle do not show as visible marks.  Stuart disables it every time.

Yeah, and think it might be a problem...I figure 1 in 3/4 rounds would hit the Turret Mantle and cause little or no Penetration Damage...If it hits the Turret Face (50-60mm Armor), then Partial Penetrations and some damage...If it hits the Gun Sleeve Box, which is probably only 50mm Armor (Box where the Gun meets Turret Mantle), then I also think Partial Penetrations and some damage.

Edited by JoMc67