possible atgm bug?

Hi,

Just a quick question. Before we start of i am relatively new to cm. been playing a lot of the scenarios in sf2. is there some sort of bug with the gill atgm for the dutch. it seems like when vehicles are located at some sort of a depression/at an angle, the missile keeps on landing right behind them. i had this thing pop up like crazy in the dutch scenario back on tracks i believe. i launched four missiles one after the other at the same tank and they all landed right behind it. distance was well within the hitting range(slightly above 1000m) of the gill and the atgm team had a clear los to it. I was launching it from a tower. The same problem popped up in the mission where you have to defend the town(same campaign) from a syrian mech force. this time it was around 750m. i launched  four atgms from two teams and they all landed right behind it. Not sure what's happening. i know these things do miss sometimes but consecutive misses like this are strange

Actually what he is reporting is pretty accurate to what I am seeing also. There seems to be a possible problem when Gills fire at armor in a depression. just as he said the rounds will generally fly over the target and hit behind.

if you have a saved game file that can be submitted would help.

But I do believe it is a possible bug.

11 minutes ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

What is the experience and leadership level of the troops who keep missing? 

11 hours ago, ishfar94 said:

It's really weird. I can't understand how the accuracy works with the Gill. Some missions it works absolutely flawlessly, some missions it can't hit anything.

Don't remember but can't definitely be less than regular. Also the squad wasn't supressed or distressed in anyway.I don't think it is a training issue. I know these things will occasionally miss but four-five consecutive misses seem way too much. Plus it isn't even a specific distance or vehicle orientation that makes them miss. It just seems... random

4 minutes ago, slysniper said:

Actually what he is reporting is pretty accurate to what I am seeing also. There seems to be a possible problem when Gills fire at armor in a depression. just as he said the rounds will generally fly over the target and hit behind.

if you have a saved game file that can be submitted would help.

But I do believe it is a possible bug.

Sadly I don't but I will post a save file when I play it again

As for the troop quality, that is not the issue.

I had my issues with high quality troops, I recall commenting on the fact I had like 8 missiles miss from two locations. I relocated them and found other targets that they hit flawlessly.

I have seen this in 3 different battles now, but the tank I am firing at is always in a reversed slope position that makes this happen.

I also recall most of mine where at pretty far distances.

4 minutes ago, slysniper said:

As for the troop quality, that is not the issue.

I had my issues with high quality troops, I recall commenting on the fact I had like 8 missiles miss from two locations. I relocated them and found other targets that they hit flawlessly.

I have seen this in 3 different battles now, but the tank I am firing at is always in a reversed slope position that makes this happen.

I also recall most of mine where at pretty far distances.

Does the missile keep on landing just behind the tank?

ok, I have a test map.

I just ran a few quick test to see what I could get

I have 5 tanks on a reverse slope that drops one elev for each action square. for two squares

I have 4 gills, each firing from a different distance,

I counted hits vs misses. only on tanks that have not moved FROM THE REVERSE SLOPE for one minute of play

RAN THREE TIMES.

2 HITS , 5 MISSES.

2 HITS, 5 MISSES.

4 HITS, 4 MISSES.

So here is the real question, should the gill have a problem with this type of target. I don't know the answer to that.

But the game does show its a challenge, not a impossibility.

If it was a game computing problem, it would never hit.

If you want the test scenario, I can make it available.

I also assume I could get a certain position to be very hard to hit if I just went one location vs one location and kept making fine adjustments.

But from what I am seeing, the game shows me gills have a problem dropping on hulled down position units?, the question is should they???