New to CMBN - finding PBEM opponents?

Hi all,

besides early tries decades before with the 1st series of Combat Mission, im playing Normandy (singleplayer) since a while, and enjoying it.

I would like to play and learn and improve by playing versus a real opponent via Email.

But im not sure how i can find somebody

- playing normandy + addons

- having patience with a newbie

I am 40 years young, military and historical interested, but most experience on the side of air combat sims.

Any ideas how to find an opponent for me?

Regards,

Jan

PS: I have problems logging into the forums every time. Only after resetting the password, then clicking on the link in the email, set a new pw, then i can stay logged in here. Is that a failure on my side? or something wrong with my account? Because i do not have such issues with any other forums out there...

PSS: Excuse my english, its not my first language.

9 hours ago, Paladin2005 said:

Hi all,

besides early tries decades before with the 1st series of Combat Mission, im playing Normandy (singleplayer) since a while, and enjoying it.

I would like to play and learn and improve by playing versus a real opponent via Email.

But im not sure how i can find somebody

- playing normandy + addons

- having patience with a newbie

I am 40 years young, military and historical interested, but most experience on the side of air combat sims.

Any ideas how to find an opponent for me?

Regards,

Jan

<snipped>

PSS: Excuse my english, its not my first language.

As @PIATpunk already mentioned, The Few Good Men merits your serious consideration for H2H / PBEM matches.  There are many other European members there.  FGM members are happy to nurture new players into veteran ones.  CMBN is a staple for game play both scenario's and Quick Battles.  You would find yourself most welcome there.  😎

Dear Jan, 

I would be open to a PBEM game, if you are still looking for an opponent. Like you I'm fairly new to the Combat Mission series and I would love to find an ooponent with the same interests and enough patience to learn the game together . I'm also heavily involved in air combat sims (DCS, IL2, BMS) so we have some common ground and we could still go and bomb some stuff if our pixeltruppen don't behave like we want them to:)

Have a nice weekend!