HQS 3.1 selecting backgrounds?

Long time CM player messing with mods for the first time. Enjoying HQS 3.1 by @waclaw quite a bit, and currently playing the "Valley of Death" campaign by @puje. I can't figure out how to select a particular 'background sounds' file. I've tried putting a "z" in front of the file name, and putting the file in it's own 'z' folder to no avail. I want the "wind" background rather than the daytime combat one that keeps playing--it hurts the immersion to be conducting tense BDAs and patrols while the sound of gunfights, jets and artillery swirls about.

I have put the 'HQS 3.1' folder in my Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Shock Force 2\User Data\Mods directory. All other sounds appear to be functioning as intended.

Sounds are great, campaign is great so far, too. Please help!

Err, did you rename "background wind" to "background day combat" and put it at the root of the Mods folder? Put it in a folder of which the name starts with "z" if it doesn't work.

Don't put the "z" in the actual file's name, it won't work.

I'm taking a look at the mod and I see a "background day combat [mountains]". Try to duplicate "background winds" and name it "background day combat [mountains]" as well. I don't use the Mods folder in Documents so I have no clue how differently it works from just putting a Z folder into the Data folder.

Edited by Frenchy56

3 hours ago, Homo_Ferricus said:

This worked. Thanks Frenchy for the rapid and effective assistance :D

Funny enough I just did this recently myself. The constant background fighting was actually messing with the immersion of a couple scenarios I was messing with. 

I like to use BG's that only feature birds, or crickets (great for desert nights).  There is a wonderful jungle BG mod that is great for Combatintman's scenario and others set in Africa etc.

With the volume cranked, when on map units start actually shooting it can make one jump.

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Yup, we're using it in 'Heaven & Earth'.....Like @Erwin said, it's kind of hypnotic until all hell suddenly breaks loose!  B)

Actually, although we're using his buildings textures (hut 8, IIRC) & distant coast bitmaps (for the [delta] tag), we're not using the sounds from LLF's Jungle mod.