Jump to content
CarlWAW

It's Never Too Late

Recommended Posts

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:03 PM, CarlWAW said:

Do you see the screenshot?

I did, not sure what you are trying to say though.  In CMBN of example all BP scenarios start with BP1, Commonwealth with CW, Market Garden with MG.  Again only the base game isn't.  What does "It's never too late" mean in this context?  Is it a suggestion to add BN in front of the base game scenarios or are you suggesting it to designers of new scenarios?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2019 at 3:12 AM, Warts 'n' all said:

I can't see the phrase "It's never too late" without hearing Diana and Marvin telling me to "stop look listen to your heart".... Ah, we were all so much younger then.

And I thought your Avatar was old...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CarlWAW It never hurts to add that kind of notation to a scenario's title but remember, that will not always give you 100% of the answer. For instance, what if a player made battle was created and required the Commonwealth module, Market Garden module and the Vehicle Pack? Using a CW or MG prefix isn't enough to let the player know what is required by just looking at the battle title.  We do it for releases because there is no mixing up what is needed. There is no Commonwealth content in Market Garden battles (the same with Marines, Brits and NATO in CMSF). And the Packs each require both modules so including the module designation would be redundant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 3:31 PM, BFCElvis said:

@CarlWAW For instance, what if a player made battle was created and required the Commonwealth module, Market Garden module and the Vehicle Pack?

Really?

CW+MG+VP ScenarioName

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took me 2 years to understand that the initials corresponded to modules !!!!🥺
I first thought that this corresponded to the initials of the scenario writers😅
Looking carefully at the list of scenarios to see if it might be interesting to rename the scenarios, I noticed the green dot that corresponds to the modules.
All is in place !!

190803104809380215.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Falaise said:

It took me 2 years to understand that the initials corresponded to modules !!!!🥺
I first thought that this corresponded to the initials of the scenario writers😅
Looking carefully at the list of scenarios to see if it might be interesting to rename the scenarios, I noticed the green dot that corresponds to the modules.
All is in place !!

190803104809380215.jpg

I was about to mention that. Ya beat me to it. 🙂

 

8 hours ago, CarlWAW said:

Really?

CW+MG+VP ScenarioName

 

True. I wouldn't count on everyone who makes a scenario to stick to that convention though...handy as it may be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

True. I wouldn't count on everyone who makes a scenario to stick to that convention though...handy as it may be. 

Once people experience how superior it is for scenario selection with scenarios sorted for size, then there's no going back.

If Battlefront would do it, it quickly would become standard.

But it's no big deal to do it for oneself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CarlWAW said:

Once people experience how superior it is for scenario selection with scenarios sorted for size, then there's no going back.

If Battlefront would do it, it quickly would become standard.

But it's no big deal to do it for oneself.

No Battlefront won't be doing it. We programed in the green dots above the module icons on the splash screen to do it. And again, remember that no Battlefront scenarios require anything above what is stated in the product information screen. Market Garden requires the base game and Market Garden.....Period. So there would never be a CW+MG Battlefront produced scenario. The Battle PAck and Vehicle Pack require both modules, so pointing out CW+MG+VP is moot. You need all 3 for them. Ditto the Battle Pack. Stating it is redundant. And the green dots do the job just fin for player made scenarios. That is why it was programed into the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...