It's Never Too Late

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:03 PM, CarlWAW said:

Do you see the screenshot?

I did, not sure what you are trying to say though.  In CMBN of example all BP scenarios start with BP1, Commonwealth with CW, Market Garden with MG.  Again only the base game isn't.  What does "It's never too late" mean in this context?  Is it a suggestion to add BN in front of the base game scenarios or are you suggesting it to designers of new scenarios?

@CarlWAW It never hurts to add that kind of notation to a scenario's title but remember, that will not always give you 100% of the answer. For instance, what if a player made battle was created and required the Commonwealth module, Market Garden module and the Vehicle Pack? Using a CW or MG prefix isn't enough to let the player know what is required by just looking at the battle title.  We do it for releases because there is no mixing up what is needed. There is no Commonwealth content in Market Garden battles (the same with Marines, Brits and NATO in CMSF). And the Packs each require both modules so including the module designation would be redundant. 

• 3 weeks later...

It took me 2 years to understand that the initials corresponded to modules !!!!🥺
I first thought that this corresponded to the initials of the scenario writers😅
Looking carefully at the list of scenarios to see if it might be interesting to rename the scenarios, I noticed the green dot that corresponds to the modules.
All is in place !!

190803104809380215.jpg

3 hours ago, Falaise said:

It took me 2 years to understand that the initials corresponded to modules !!!!🥺
I first thought that this corresponded to the initials of the scenario writers😅
Looking carefully at the list of scenarios to see if it might be interesting to rename the scenarios, I noticed the green dot that corresponds to the modules.
All is in place !!

190803104809380215.jpg

I was about to mention that. Ya beat me to it. 🙂

8 hours ago, CarlWAW said:

Really?

CW+MG+VP ScenarioName

True. I wouldn't count on everyone who makes a scenario to stick to that convention though...handy as it may be. 

18 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

True. I wouldn't count on everyone who makes a scenario to stick to that convention though...handy as it may be. 

Once people experience how superior it is for scenario selection with scenarios sorted for size, then there's no going back.

If Battlefront would do it, it quickly would become standard.

But it's no big deal to do it for oneself.

6 hours ago, CarlWAW said:

Once people experience how superior it is for scenario selection with scenarios sorted for size, then there's no going back.

If Battlefront would do it, it quickly would become standard.

But it's no big deal to do it for oneself.

No Battlefront won't be doing it. We programed in the green dots above the module icons on the splash screen to do it. And again, remember that no Battlefront scenarios require anything above what is stated in the product information screen. Market Garden requires the base game and Market Garden.....Period. So there would never be a CW+MG Battlefront produced scenario. The Battle PAck and Vehicle Pack require both modules, so pointing out CW+MG+VP is moot. You need all 3 for them. Ditto the Battle Pack. Stating it is redundant. And the green dots do the job just fin for player made scenarios. That is why it was programed into the game.