Rome to Victory Pre-orders are now open

6 hours ago, General Liederkranz said:

This probably refers to the M4A1 mortar carrier, a predecessor to the M21, not to the M4A1 medium tank. As I recall mortar carriers weren't coded yet when CMFI and GL came out.

http://americangimuseum.org/collections/restored-vehicles/m4a1-mortar-carrier-halftrack-1943/

Good one, no idea there was a mortar carrier with the same designation.

I guess that this is a bone-ette of sorts. During testing of scenarios and campaigns folks will post screenshots from their battles to show certain things or just cool looking shots. These 2 the @sburke posted from the South African campaign stuck out to me as particularly cool looking. So, I thought I'd share. 

sburke1.jpg

sburke2.jpg

4 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

''GET IN THERE WITH THAT RIFLE BUTT!

My note to Elvis originally was something like “frantically reloading - as close as we get in CM to close quarters combat”. 😀 The German won this race, but unfortunately more enemy troops were right behind. 

I am waiting for day I have this happen and they are both out of ammo.  A brutal battle of “stare down” will likely ensue. 

Edited by sburke

Just now, IICptMillerII said:

Great action shots!

I hope for @sburke's sake you don't finish all of the modules content before it even releases. 

Actually a downside of being a beta tester whether for BF or a user designed scenario is you know it pretty well long before it is a final product and you play with all the beta issues like sometimes having invisible tanks which it is oh so easy to forget are fully exposed in the middle of a field,.  Yeah done that. 

19 hours ago, Andy_101 said:

Is that even possible?  Has that ever happened in a game?  Would be pretty funny!  :)

Certainly. Totally running out of ammo is pretty rare but to have two units on opposite sides run out and be in close proximity. Likely rare enough that no one has see it. Buuuutt we could all create the situation our selves...

3 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

It was the MREs..........  Well actually the MREs had a reputation for the opposite effect :D  :lol:.  AIRBORNE!!!

So did C-Rations. I never saw an MRE (yeah, I'm old). I could never manage to choke down more than 1 1/2 C-Rats a day. Sat there like rocks.

3 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

I never saw an MRE (yeah, I'm old). 

:o  We only had C rats in basic.  It was in basic where I learned to use a P38.  I still carry a P38 on my key ring due to a teachable moment that occurred in basic :D.  We had four different MRE meals IIRC.  They were a newer thing at the time.   

2 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

:o  We only had C rats in basic.  It was in basic where I learned to use a P38.  I still carry a P38 on my key ring due to a teachable moment that occurred in basic :D.  We had four different MRE meals IIRC.  They were a newer thing at the time.   

Used to carry one on my key ring but it kept ruining my pockets. These days it's sitting on my desk at home.

As a quick update.....While it is still possible, a lot of things will have to line up for an August release. If we had passed the point of there being no chance for an August release I would have changed the pre-order page and mentioned it here. So, it could still happen but it isn't a stone cold mortal lock like the Eagles/Buccaneers NFC Championship game was for the Eagles in 2002. That was a lock......and anyone who knows what I am referring to will know how that turned out. 

Well then @BFCElvis, it seems the rest of us can plan our ocean beach vacation weeks for August without lamenting potential time lost playing R2V . . . .  😎

Many thanks for the current update.  Good luck to the development team as they continue their work rolling this out.  Really look forward to playing this game.

Edited by Badger73

37 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

Well, if it does come out in September, it will at least give me something to do while I wait for UoC2.

:)

Michael

I am looking forward to that one as well.

You should give Order Of Battle WWII a try. It's a lot of fun with just enough depth to make it interesting without bogging down in minutiae. It reminds me of Unity but a bit deeper with a different art aesthetic of course. It's free to try on Steam. You can play one scenario from each DLC if I remember correctly. I played the Pacific tutorials and had so much fun I got the DLCs a couple days later. The thing I really like about it is you can play as the Japs (starting in China), Marines, Army, Burma with the CW, then there's the Winter War as the Finns, and of course the typical stuff like Germans in North Africa, East Front, etc. Check'er out if you don't know about it, it's a great laid back beer & pretzels game.

And if you dig ancients, I HIGHLY recommend Field of Glory II. They've made it all the way to the Viking Age as of the last DLC.

Mord.