Jump to content
BFCElvis

Rome to Victory Pre-orders are now open

Recommended Posts

The Windows installer is by default pointing to a "generic" path on the C drive, rather than the folder I had CMFI installed in. So watch out for that eager clicking installing R2V somewhere else you want it in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great!

I just ordered R2V, although my order is still 'processing'. I got mails but no download link. Not sure if I had that before, used PayPayl. Guess it will resolve itself sooner or later ;-).

Enjoy!

Edit: nevermind, saw the other thread. downloading now!

Edited by Lethaface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

Great!

I just ordered R2V, although my order is still 'processing'. I got mails but no download link. Not sure if I had that before, used PayPayl. Guess it will resolve itself sooner or later ;-).

Enjoy!

Edit: nevermind, saw the other thread. downloading now!

I did the same. Order history still says 'process', but the game is up and running - yippee!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Badger73 said:

Hmmm, my CMFI/GL game files are in "D" directory;  D:\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files\Scenarios has no R2V files.  However, I find all my R2V games files are on my "C" drive.  C:\Users\mvang\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files\Scenarios has 15 items. 

My bold added.

I have things done similarly. My c drive is small so I moved (using windows user manager) my user directory to my D drive and all of the BFC installs correctly put the game files under my username documents folder. I didn't personally get to try the final patch installer on my setup but all the previous ones behaved as expected. So, it should work.

I noticed that your username is absent from the path above. Does windows itself recognize that your documents are in the d drive? The game and the installer ask Windows where the user directory is so if windows doesn't know the game will not either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is very confusing.  I just bought the new game and am all installed up to V2.10 on the C drive.  What gives?  Why not an activation link or code like it's always been?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 4:35 PM, BFCElvis said:

I've been a season ticket holder since the early '90s. Yesterday was rough but the week before (against the Patriots) 2 of the guys who share the tickets with me accidentally scanned 3 tickets when 2 of them went in. So, my ticket got burned and the ticket office wouldn't do anything about it but offer to sell me a standing room only seat for $91.

Being a Bengals fan is is tougher though. Think they'll give up on Andy Dalton after this year? 

Am I posting in the right forum? 🙂

Aw, that was really unfortunate about the Eagles-Patriots game. I always love when the Pats win😁 (too bad there’s no GOAT emoticon).

However, having worked on an issue with Steve on a Christmas Eve, and many other times with you, Steve, and others, I have the greatest respect for your Support group (?). You have never let me down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 11:12 AM, BFCElvis said:

The release will not be this week/weekend. So, we can all stand down on the F5 keys

LOL! Masterful stroke my friend, masterful!

Downloaded and installed last night (AKA early this morning). I’m playing the first mission of the 10th Mountain campaign “Encore” on my gaming PC. Now to install it on my Mac Pro and see how it runs in “High Sierra.” I can’t update to Mohave because I have an Envidia GTX 1080 graphics card that needs the driver for Mohave, and Apple and Envidia are in a pissing contest, so Apple won’t approve the drivers.

Edited by Vet 0369

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vet 0369 said:

LOL! Masterful stroke my friend, masterful!

Downloaded and installed last night (AKA early this morning). I’m playing the first mission of the 10th Mountain campaign “Encore” on my gaming PC. Now to install it on my Mac Pro and see how it runs in “High Sierra.” I can’t update to Mohave because I have an Envidia GTX 1080 graphics card that needs the driver for Mohave, and Apple and Envidia are in a pissing contest, so Apple won’t approve the drivers.

:)  We thought there was one thing that would have made it sensible to release on Monday, but Charles burned some midnight oil (or was it midday?  I forget!) and got it sorted.  And so there was no reason to hold back!  Plus, as you know from first hand experience we are gluttons for punishment.  Releasing a product on Christmas eve eve... crazy!

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vet 0369 said:

Aw, that was really unfortunate about the Eagles-Patriots game. I always love when the Pats win😁 (too bad there’s no GOAT emoticon).

Hmm I'll have to remember that......

Says another Philly boy.  No Cheesesteak for you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, vhydro said:

This is very confusing.  I just bought the new game and am all installed up to V2.10 on the C drive.  What gives?  Why not an activation link or code like it's always been?

It should be there. A link should be created in the program group - assuming Windows here. If not there are instructions at the top of these threads on how to create your own.

See item 4 in the Special Upgrade 4 Tech Tips 

above

Edited by IanL
Add title

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, vhydro said:

This is very confusing.  I just bought the new game and am all installed up to V2.10 on the C drive.  What gives?  Why not an activation link or code like it's always been?

For Rome to Victory it defaults to have a shortcut on the desktop. If it's not there it will also be in the game's main directory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...