Rome to Victory Pre-orders are now open

2 minutes ago, General Jack Ripper said:

Did you sign up for download only, or are you waiting for a disk?

You may want to consult the helpdesk.

There are no longer purchases that don't include a download link. There is no link for just the module that will ever appear in someone's account. I am going to explain that in the post once we "close" pre-orders and open regular orders. I just want the pre-order folks to get as much time as possible to download before opening other channels. 

3 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

They are 2 different systems. Once the emails with the links was sent the orders were "Completed" in the ordering system. Only 2 emails with the links have bounced so far because of the email addresses. So, if you (or anyone who pre-ordered) did not get the email with the download links, first check your spam folder. If it's not in there open a Help Desk ticket with the order number and we'll get you hooked up.

Ticket sent!

@BFCElvis

I think something's amiss.  I successfully downloaded, installed, and activated selecting ""D:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Fortress Italy" as the directory where my game resides.  When I "play" the game and select "battles", only the R2V scenario's appear.  All the CMFI/GL stuff is absent.  The "Activation" screen showed all modules present and available to play.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Edited by Badger73

Just now, Badger73 said:

@BFCElvis

I think something's amiss.  I successfully downloaded, installed, and activated selecting ""D:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Fortress Italy" as the directory where my game resides.  When I "play" the game and select "battles", only the R2V scenario's appear.  All the CMFI/GL stuff is absent.  Please advise.  Thanks.

I'm assuming that wasn't the case before.....Take a look in your Scenario and Campaign folders and see what's in there. 

16 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I'm assuming that wasn't the case before.....Take a look in your Scenario and Campaign folders and see what's in there. 

Right, that wasn't the case before.  Everything is on my "D" drive.

Hmmm, my CMFI/GL game files are in "D" directory;  D:\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files\Scenarios has no R2V files.  However, I find all my R2V games files are on my "C" drive.  C:\Users\mvang\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files\Scenarios has 15 items.  C:\Users\mvang\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files\Campaigns has 2 files.  These scenarios and campaigns are now what shows up in my game even though my game's "exe" file is located in my "D" drive at "D:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Fortress Italy\CM Fortress Italy.exe". 

It appears that the installer correctly updated the program files where I prompted on my "D" drive but instead created the R2V files on my "C" drive.  The game is defaulting to "C" for it's data files despite my pointing the installer to "D"

1 minute ago, Badger73 said:

Hmmm, my CMFI/GL game files are in "D" directory;  D:\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files\Scenarios has no R2V files.  However, I find all my R2V games files are on my "C" drive.  C:\Users\mvang\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files\Scenarios has 15 items.  C:\Users\mvang\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files\Campaigns has 2 files.  These scenarios and campaigns are now what shows up in my game even though my game's "exe" file is located in my "D" drive at "D:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Fortress Italy\CM Fortress Italy.exe". 

It appears that the installer correctly updated the program files where I prompted on my "D" drive but instead created the R2V files on my "C" drive.  The game is defaulting to "C" for it's data files despite my pointing the installer to "D"

The game can be installed anywhere but the Game Files folders MUST be in the Documents folder and that should be the C drive only. If they've always been on your D drive something odd may have happened with your old installation. It sounds like the easiest thing to do is add the Game Files stuff that on your D drive to the R2V stuff on the C drive. Patch of least resistance and all. 

That's sub-optimal but I'll try it for now.  I still think this new installer has a hard-coded "documents" directory drive error.  When time permits, please ask someone to check it against the previous installers used for CMFI.  As an FYI, both my CMBN and CMFB games run from a "programs" directory on my D drive using a D drive "Documents" directory.  Those installers might help for comparison.  Thanks for your help.  👍

Edited by Badger73

2 minutes ago, Badger73 said:

That's sub-optimal but I'll try it for now.  I still think this new installer has a hard-coded "documents" directory drive error.  When time permits, please ask someone to check it against the previous installers used for CMFI.  As an FYI, both my CMBN and CMFB games run from a "programs" directory on my D drive using a D drive "Documents" directory.  Those installers might help for comparison.  Thanks for your help.  👍

Ok, I will definitely check with HQ. I am unaware of any changes but I'll ask. 

16 minutes ago, Badger73 said:

Are your C D two partitions of the same drive or a hybrid SSD drive? Or is your D an external drive? Trying to avoid the problems you had once the download is finished.

1 minute ago, rocketman said:

Are your C D two partitions of the same drive or a hybrid SSD drive? Or is your D an external drive? Trying to avoid the problems you had once the download is finished.

Two partitions of the same drive, not SSD.  My C partition is smaller so I keep all my game (including STEAM) files on D.  I've been playing CMFI for years from my D drive. 

I used the "smaller" .rar file Engine 4 2.02 patched installer from URL = https://battlefront.sharefile.com/d-s5053bf0726c4c5d8

2 minutes ago, Andy_101 said:

Sorry to be "that guy" but I've downloaded RTV and activated it (it said I had unlocked RTV).  But when I hit play I don't see anything different in the game.  I'm not sure RTV is there?

A few things will tel you that you're good to go. If you also have the Gustav Line module you will see 2 large icons on the bottom of the splash plage. In the bottom right of the screen it will read v2.10. If you go to play a stand alone battle, all of the Rome to Victory battle's names start with R2V and should not be grayed out. 

1 minute ago, BFCElvis said:

A few things will tel you that you're good to go. If you also have the Gustav Line module you will see 2 large icons on the bottom of the splash plage. In the bottom right of the screen it will read v2.10. If you go to play a stand alone battle, all of the Rome to Victory battle's names start with R2V and should not be grayed out. 

Hmm.  Okay. I have Gustav Line and the 2 large icons.  My version number is 2.01 (is that the problem?).  There are no R2V standalone battles nor are there any greyed out versions of these showing.  I'm on a mac and all my CM games are in a self-made folder called Games within my Applications.  I understand that I'm supposed to move the base game to its original place before activated the new module, but when I try to move it across it just creates a copy with the word "Alias" at the end.  I've not seen that before.  I'm very confused by all this. 

1 minute ago, Andy_101 said:

Hmm.  Okay. I have Gustav Line and the 2 large icons.  My version number is 2.01 (is that the problem?).  There are no R2V standalone battles nor are there any greyed out versions of these showing.  I'm on a mac and all my CM games are in a self-made folder called Games within my Applications.  I understand that I'm supposed to move the base game to its original place before activated the new module, but when I try to move it across it just creates a copy with the word "Alias" at the end.  I've not seen that before.  I'm very confused by all this. 

Sounds like you need to open a Help Desk ticket....and I need to get some of my Mac posse involved. 

14 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Sounds like you need to open a Help Desk ticket....and I need to get some of my Mac posse involved. 

If I understand what Andy_101 is doing, he's moving the FI directory OUT of his games folder and into the Applications folder which is the default install location. If you just drag it there, it only creates an alias. Hold down COMMAND, while dragging it and it will move it.

Then you should be able to run the patch, which will update it, license it, and then you can reverse the process and move it back to "Games" by COMMAND dragging the whole FI folder back there.

Hope that helps. (and I hope I understood it correctly)

Edited by Ultradave

7 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

If I understand what Andy_101 is doing, he's moving the FI directory OUT of his games folder and into the Applications folder which is the default install location. If you just drag it there, it only creates an alias. Hold down COMMAND, while dragging it and it will move it.

Then you should be able to run the patch, which will update it, license it, and then you can reverse the process and move it back to "Games" by COMMAND dragging the whole FI folder back there.

Okay... I'll try that now and report back!  

33 minutes ago, Badger73 said:

Two partitions of the same drive, not SSD.  My C partition is smaller so I keep all my game (including STEAM) files on D.  I've been playing CMFI for years from my D drive. 

I used the "smaller" .rar file Engine 4 2.02 patched installer from URL = https://battlefront.sharefile.com/d-s5053bf0726c4c5d8

I have a similar setup. SSD for my OS, few other SSDs for gaming, and a high capacity for deep storage. My guess is that you were manually adding those user folders to your D drive. I've never seen any of the installers put everything into you chosen drive at install. Only exception to this is CMBN. Long story short, after CMBN shipped windows changed something that forces some things into your users folder.

If you werent manually adding the user folder to your D drive then my only guess is that the drive was once a boot drive with the windows install still sitting there. To sorta trick the installer into thinking its the OS. But Im guessing here... Im no installer pro.

19 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

Sorted!  Thanks Ultradave!  & Thanks Elvis!   :)

Anyone else having issues with the "Activate New Product" file not running?  I get about half a second of the "loading" spinning wheel next to my cursor, then nothing.  I opened a support ticket but I'm wondering if this has a known workaround.

Thanks in advance for the help, and for delivering top-quality content as always 😉  (I assume anyways as I haven't played it yet!)

EDIT - It's worth mentioning that I've been moving my game files around between drives and had to copy over some Users/Documents files to get scenarios working properly.  Maybe I missed some activation-related files hidden away in a different folder than the main Battlefront program files folder?  If nothing else I assume a clean install would fix this.

Edited by infierno