Rome to Victory Pre-orders are now open

4 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

This is practically a promise for next week, so let's hang in there a little bit longer.

Based on BFC's release history over the last few years, I would be very careful about interpreting the statement from BFC Elvis in that way. i mean, I want you to be right, but it just feels like we've been here several times before.

54 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

Next week Thursday is the Thanksgiving Holiday in the U.S.  I doubt the BF team would want to screw up their Holiday by releasing right before it and all the headaches that come with a release.

Interesting reasoning with a lot of logical strength. On the other hand, with all the time that they have put into it, they may be pretty confident that nothing major is going to crop up right away. Plus, they might be eager to get it off their plates so as to have a couple of days to kick back themselves. So...depends.

Michael

One thing that I already know will probably generate some tickets. Apparently Mac users using Catalina have found that security has changed and they need to change their settings to download and install the game. I've had a coupla/few on the Help Desk and the couple of weird Mac testers that have Catalina have told me they've needed to it. Here's what some Catalina people need to do:

Catalina.jpg

I want to move up to Catalina and it's good to know that CM will at least run on it. I have held off as long as I have due to some warning messages I got every time I opened a couple of my favorite aps. Haven't gotten those messages lately, so maybe the responsible companies have upgraded to 64 bit, but I've a little shy of giving it a try since once I upgrade there is no going back.

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

I want to move up to Catalina and it's good to know that CM will at least run on it. I have held off as long as I have due to some warning messages I got every time I opened a couple of my favorite aps. Haven't gotten those messages lately, so maybe the responsible companies have upgraded to 64 bit, but I've a little shy of giving it a try since once I upgrade there is no going back.

Michael

Running on Catalina on a 2009 (yes) PowerBook Mac with a « hack » install. Yes my lap top is 10y old and great ! No issues with CM Normandy. All modules.

a bit less at ease on Final Blitzkrieg but still fine. Will have to see for CMFI. And sounds I’ll see that with the turkey. Send the turkey men we are ready !!

God thanks it’s thanks giving.

Edited by Albert DuBalay

17 hours ago, Thewood1 said:

Well, they could do that, or finish the module and not release it until the following Monday.  They can then have an actual holiday.  Why would any software company in the US release this week and have to spend the holiday online handling install and download issues?

Frankly, and I do have some degree of say in the matter, I would never hold the release up for a second (especially at this point). When it comes to the Help Desk there isn't a holiday since I started on the Help Desk that I didn't do support work. Xmas? Sure? Birthdays? Sure. The day of my father's funeral earlier this year? Sure, heck, I had the laptop set up in his hospital room the whole time and he even helped me with 2 issues (he was very computer savvy having been one of the co-founders of the Computer Science Department at St. Joe's University). I've been on the other end of tech support and know what waiting for a response is like. And I really don't mind it at all. It's always busier when there is some find of release but there has only been once where it felt super busy (I am trying to remember what it was....I must have blocked it from my memory but it was insane. Everything else was just making sure to check in frequently to see how things are going but still eat, drink and be merry).

10 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Michael

Michael. It's not the 64 bit question, although that IS a Catalina feature (or issue depending on your perspective). The security for applications without Apple's blessing is tighter. There is no "anywhere" that Elvis posted up above anymore.  That's currently on Mojave and earlier but is gone now on Catalina so you have to specifically authorize it on Catalina.

The easiest way to get around this now, if BF apps still have that issue (they do in Beta), is this:

1. Instead of the usual double click on the installer after download, RIGHT CLICK on it and select OPEN from the menu. That will bypass the first security check and keep you from having to open System Preferences/Security to authorize it. 

(NOTE:. If you forget and double click, it's ok. There will be an unauthorized developer message. Open System Preferences, Security tab, and at bottom right click on Open Anyway)

2. A "verifying" window with progress bar will open. It's takes at least a couple minutes. 2/3 of the way it will look stuck. Just wait it out.

3. A window will appear asking if you really want to open it, something about not being able to verify for malware. The default is set to cancel, so you have to physically select Open.

4. Then you get the normal installer windows for Mac and in a few minutes you'll be up and running.

John, you may want to copy and paste this to somewhere handy for the help desk and pin it when R2V is released - or maybe pin it to some overall Mac users spot since it applies to anything installed under Catalina.

ALL of CM games run just fine under Catalina. I've noticed no issues at all either in R2V beta or any of the other titles.

BTW I'm one of the "weird Mac testers"  🙂

Edited by Ultradave

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

When it comes to the Help Desk there isn't a holiday since I started on the Help Desk that I didn't do support work. Xmas? Sure? Birthdays? Sure. The day of my father's funeral earlier this year? Sure, heck, I had the laptop set up in his hospital room the whole time and he even helped me with 2 issues (he was very computer savvy having been one of the co-founders of the Computer Science Department at St. Joe's University). 

Wow :o  Just WOW!!  Thank you for your dedication.  I knew you were a hard worker but I had no idea reference the above.  I tried to give you an up-vote but apparently you aren't allowed up-votes anymore........  Thanks again.