Barbarossa now ?

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

It is the customer that will buy X or Y because of the feedback you see here and on other forums dealing with Combat Mission. Okay, I'll post this question and let's see how many members of this forum would like to see these possible new CM games. 1) Tunisia after the United States got involved, 2) The lengthy battles of Tobruk, 3) Early and Late Stalingrad, 4) Northern and Southern flanks of Kursk and so on. The one theater of the war that I am sure would not be very popular, would be the war in the Southern Pacific with the possible exception after the Allies started island hopping (those were some extremely intense and bloody battles).

Would trade them all for a new, fundamentally improved game engine to be honest.

I'd be in for a CM Pacific. New Guinea's Kokoda Track campaign offers some lush jungle mountain terrain; Philippines offers a wide variety of tactical terrain and rice paddies to urban fighting in Manila; Okinawa, Saipan come to mind. Yeah I could see me scarfing that up. Now if I had to choose between Barbarossa and the South Pacific we might have a problem. I hear Barbarossa calling my name. Can't get CMBB out of my head wondering how it would be in CMX2,X3. And then there's Afrika. Pretty much any of the three would get me all excited. :D

38 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

LATER is uglier than later. But not quite as ugly, as uggly.

Warts 'n' all I have always to read two times or more as two times... yours comments and sometimes I stay on the start of my question and the try of my translation on google that itself don't understand your typical old English, or don't  give a correct translation...but I guess you have fun to use it, and I don't blame you because I do it with another language also, only some peoples are able to understand it and I don't talk about your sentence right now buy in general rules of your text. Like After Eight fine English Art.. all British... and to continued ... ;)) 

Edited by 3j2m7

Would love to see Barbarossa.... For the life of me I miss the duel's between Pz II, Pz II vs BT and early T-34.  I miss the KV-1 and KV-2.... truly a freaking TERROR and NIGHTMARE when you see them rolling towards you, and you know your only hope is a lucky flank shot.

I also miss CMAK... I loved the African Campaigns, and with their new engine I believe it would be just wonderful not only to the players but to the scenario, and Campaign Designers.  The duels between the Cruiser tanks and that of the Axis forces were wonderful.  The Italian tanks could inflict damage if used correctly and offers a good challenge to even  veteran players.

I would definitely buy both.... yes, yes I think it would be a splendid plan that after the last Italian, and RT game that we should at least go to early 1941 the end of 1943.

Thank you Battlefront and everyone who assists........  damn, need bribery money... LOL

James.

2 hours ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

Would love to see Barbarossa.... For the life of me I miss the duel's between Pz II, Pz II vs BT and early T-34.  I miss the KV-1 and KV-2.... truly a freaking TERROR and NIGHTMARE when you see them rolling towards you, and you know your only hope is a lucky flank shot.

A T-34 overruning a german doorknocker having shot senselessly its 35th round on frontal armor would be hard to beat. B)

I too miss those early things...and yes...one of the benefits of jumping back to 41 would be...

it would feel 'fresh' 😎...

by that i mean it would be a greater change of equipment and perhaps even tactics compared to going to late 43 for example...

44 and 43 have far more simulareties compared to what 44( 43 ) and 41 has...

It would provide more of varid gameplay compared to simply move backwards a few month...

that would be a good thing imo 😎

7 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I need subtitles to get through Beck etc

aahh, Beck ! 

It's a decent series i think...But as a Swede i'm a victim of endless repeats...😥...

Our national TV channels have a habit of showing those movies over and over again...Starting from fresh every other year...i belive most Swedes have seen them atleast 3 - 4 times by now...

Enough is enough...i say...how about picking something new for primetime sunday TV...😭

Its a good thing desktop warefare is an option 😁

On 6/25/2019 at 10:32 PM, WhiteWolf65 said:

If you want to see the competition that BFC is up against, just check out the Steel Division games by Paradox Interactive. That is what concerns me about future plans for BFC. Again, just a dedicated player of CM and customer of BFC.

Eugen games are a completely different scale, and marketed strictly as RTS games. Love them, but they're completely different genres. I'd say Graviteam is closer to being the competition. They focus on early/mid Eastern Front, North Africa and Cold War. BFC is focusing on different theaters/time -- especially, the ones that they are passionate about. Speaking of which...

FULDA GAP! 

FULDA GAP!

FULDA GAP!

4 hours ago, DerKommissar said:

Eugen games are a completely different scale, and marketed strictly as RTS games. Love them, but they're completely different genres. I'd say Graviteam is closer to being the competition. They focus on early/mid Eastern Front, North Africa and Cold War. BFC is focusing on different theaters/time -- especially, the ones that they are passionate about. Speaking of which...

FULDA GAP! 

FULDA GAP!

FULDA GAP!

Fulga Gap could open a large choice of soviet and euro usa vehicles after ww2, allowed us to go everywhere on the planet...

Edited by 3j2m7

7 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

aahh, Beck ! 

It's a decent series i think...But as a Swede i'm a victim of endless repeats...😥...

Our national TV channels have a habit of showing those movies over and over again...Starting from fresh every other year...i belive most Swedes have seen them atleast 3 - 4 times by now...

Enough is enough...i say...how about picking something new for primetime sunday TV...😭

Its a good thing desktop warefare is an option 😁

Here in Limeyland I think that only three series were ever shown. And only the dvds available are from the last two series.

13 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Here in Limeyland I think that only three series were ever shown. And only the dvds available are from the last two series.

i belive the complete production so far is 38 episodes/movies split into 6 series...

more are planned as far as i know...

if you like them i'm sure you will be able to find them on DVDs if you google 'buying beck-series from sweden' or something like that...

cdon.com 

and

Ginza.se

have sold the complete Beck-collection before atleast...😎

20 hours ago, Blazing 88's said:

lRynNSj.jpg

My dad absolutely hated Major Frank Burns. Actually, my dad hated officers period. My dad fought in the Pacific as a Navy Seabee. When they got home he had to stay aboard the transport ship to make sure that all the construction equipment was off-loaded properly. One day, he was coming down the gang-plank and this young Ensign told my dad to get out of the way as he was boarding the ship. My dad was a Senior Chief Petty officer and you DO NOT speak to a Senior Chief that way unless you are at least of Lieutenant Commander rank. So what did my dad do? My dad saluted him and then he showed this arrogant young punk (who never served a moment in combat) how to dive off the plank and into the drink. Yep, my dad threw the Ensign into the water between the ship and wharf. My dad was busted down to a Second Class Petty Officer and was immediately discharged. Luckily, he was not court-martialed.😎

Edited by WhiteWolf65