Raupenschlepper Ost

7 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Think it was rather common in late war. Found some this vehicles track segments and bolts (and parts of the front drive wheel) in some german forest couple of years ago. Apparently was abandoned and blown up by it´s own crew. Sold to a happy collector thereafter.

Very cool find. When I lived in Tuscon, AZ I visited the PIMA Air & Space Museum and bought a spent 30 mm shell fired from an A-10. I got to find that and put it on my desk. BTW, has anyone ever told you that you could be the twin brother of Gary Sinise, especially as Lt. Dan in Forrest Gump?

Edited by WhiteWolf65

5 minutes ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

Very cool find. When I lived in Tuscon, AZ I visited the PIMA Air & Space Museum and bought a spent 30 mm shell fired from an A-10. I got to find that and put it on my desk. BTW, has anyone ever told you that you could be twin brother of Gary Sinise, especially as Lt. Dan in Forrest Gump?

not yet. lol :DI know him from the CSI series, but I hope I´m not looking that old yet. :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Yup.  :mellow:

Most of the late war antitank gun carriages were a bit useless TBH.....Take this one for instance (Ardelt Waffentrager):

005_waffardelt.jpg

Allegedly its inventor died in it during an 'operational test'.  ;)

https://heroesandgenerals.com/forums/topic/84349-kruppardelt-waffenträger-88-cm-pak-433-l71/

Still, if it ever went into production, I would have hated to be the Allied tanker in it's LOS. The 8.8 cm Pak 43/41 were nasty enough on their carriage mounts. But trying to mount such a heavy weapon on such a light chassis (38t) is a bit ridiculous, IMHO.

Edited by WhiteWolf65

6 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Yup.  :mellow:

Most of the late war antitank gun carriages were a bit useless TBH.....Take this one for instance (Ardelt Waffentrager):

005_waffardelt.jpg

Allegedly its inventor died in it during an 'operational test'.  ;)

https://heroesandgenerals.com/forums/topic/84349-kruppardelt-waffenträger-88-cm-pak-433-l71/

Probably died when he fired the gun, the recoil caused the whole contraption to go @ss over tit, and squashed him.😂