Tal Malah

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Hope everyone is having a great day. Without further adieu, here is the Blue Attack scenario and my newest map, Attera: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wb4y9c0cupkssip/attera - blue attack.btt?dl=0

There are many elevation changes on order of several hundred meters, a main highway meandering through, lots of dirt roads, and a couple hiking trails. Pack light, dress in layers, and bring plenty of water. Once the sun is up, the men will need it.

Major credit on this scenario and design goes to Aurelius. He has been invaluable during the process of creating and tuning this scenario. There are three Red AI plans that are equally weighted. The map itself can be made available by itself if anyone wants it, let me know.

Respectfully,

LL

Pretty amazing map (2 Km x 2.6 Km).  

The only thing was was confusing was that your Briefing Tactical map has South at the top rather than North.  Took me a while to orient myself. 

(It would help if the convention for all scenarios was to orient tactical maps with N towards the top.)

Edited by Erwin

Thank you all so very much for the positive feedback. It really encourages me. I am currently working on a 3km x 2km map of Al Hamamiyat that is about 50% done. It's like Tal Malah on steroids. The town itself is right near Qasabiyeh, so I'm making another pass at that map to correct some of the elevations to be closer to the real area. It doesn't seem to affect the way the map plays, but it's a point of accuracy for me.

19 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

You've done a great job of sculpting those mountains.....I'm messing with elevations right now on a map of similar size, so I know how much effort that part alone took.  B)

Much appreciated! Indeed, the elevations are quite a challenge. One thing that helped a bit was lighting. Changing the time of day can dramatically affect what is visible and reveal terrain elements that need attention. In the real mountains, daylight is short, while twilight is long and some places go almost all day without sun.

Edited by Liveload

Exactly... and if one doesn't like their cookies, one cannot see the pics that Liveload linked to.  That's what I was alluding to. 

I understand that these days, it seems like most (younger at least) folks don't care about privacy and are happy to broadcast their lives on social media and accept cookies etc.  You do understand that one has a choice whether to agree to accept cookies (I hope)?   :rolleyes:

Edited by Erwin

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

Exactly... and if one doesn't like their cookies, one cannot see the pics that Liveload linked to.  That's what I was alluding to. 

I understand that these days, it seems like most (younger at least) folks don't care about privacy and are happy to broadcast their lives on social media and accept cookies etc.  You do understand that one has a choice whether to agree to accept cookies (I hope)?   :rolleyes:

It would actually have been a still from a youtube video, although from your perspective I'm not sure that matters. 😁

A few more tweaks and test runs and Al Hamamiyat will be ready to go very soon.

Here's some screenshots of one of today's test runs (timer has been extended since then 😋).

https://imgur.com/kfQko3x

https://imgur.com/6uxgKkv

https://imgur.com/iPYxjEI

Thanks for all the support guys!

Respectfully,

LL

9 hours ago, Liveload said:

It would actually have been a still from a youtube video,

The odd thing is that I can access u-tube videos for all else but not for your items.  I fear that what we are seeing is that nations are trying to censor and restrict easy access for people to information from other nations.  Another example of new inconveniences/rising paranoia between nations: Trying to renew a passport while traveling abroad has gotten a lot more unpleasant than 10 years ago.  :(

Some images to serve as a preview to Al Hamamiyat scenario.

120 platoon working on HTS positions

77rNLtN.jpg

T 55 softening prepared positions and supporting an infantry push

axUBHk5.jpg

wKWd3ag.jpg

Infantry platoon approaching the outskirts of Al Hamamiyat (the assault started just as 82 mm mortars started falling on their assault line, no casualties sustained)

mLX0dRX.jpg

PKM pining down an infiltration attempt

U993EUv.jpg

HTS infiltration group was destroyed by combination of PKM fire and 125 mm ОФ shells (note the foreign fighters leading the group) 😄

sV8kKf6.jpg

On 8/3/2019 at 1:57 AM, Erwin said:

(One has to accept their cookies to see anything re "we value your privacy" as in "we monetarize your privacy so that you lose it while we get valuable $".)

My wife regularly reminds me that Huxley and Orwell are spinning in the grave and then she begins muttering about science and information nazis and wanders away...🤐

12 minutes ago, Liveload said:

My wife regularly reminds me that Huxley and Orwell are spinning in the grave and then she begins muttering about science and information nazis and wanders away...🤐

And then no doubt tells you to fix the garden/some shelves or anything else to keep you away from fun stuff like drinking beer, playing games, watching sport 😉.