New "02" patches for Game Engine 4 are now available

RockinHarry, it seems that they have been looking at that bug for years... 😛

On 12/13/2019 at 2:59 PM, BFCElvis said:

All reported bugs are being looked at........and there's always a patch.

I hope we get a patch to fix this and the bocage "run towards the enemy" bugs soon!

3 hours ago, Txema said:

RockinHarry, it seems that they have been looking at that bug for years... 😛

I hope we get a patch to fix this and the bocage "run towards the enemy" bugs soon!

The good news are, we will definitely get it soon. The bad news, it is Battlefront soon.

@BFCElvis If patches are applied across titles, I wonder if now would be a good time to standardize the editor and QB based on the improvements in R2V and SF2.

e: And if there could be changelogs across all patches for each title somewhere on the forum. I was trying to find the changes in BN made in 3.12 and had to read it in French!

Edited by DougPhresh

3 hours ago, DougPhresh said:

@BFCElvis If patches are applied across titles, I wonder if now would be a good time to standardize the editor and QB based on the improvements in R2V and SF2.

Cool idea. I think it might be more work than is willing to committed backporting all of the titles just for that. What might be more likely is as new modules/Packs etc come out there is some backporting. I'll certainly pass your thoughts along to HQ.

And if there could be changelogs across all patches for each title somewhere on the forum. I was trying to find the changes in BN made in 3.12 and had to read it in French!

I'm going to try to find some time to post the readme files for each patch on each patches download page. I had thought that when you installed a full game that all the readme files for the games are installed.

4 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Cool idea. I think it might be more work than is willing to committed backporting all of the titles just for that. What might be more likely is as new modules/Packs etc come out there is some backporting. I'll certainly pass your thoughts along to HQ.

I'm going to try to find some time to post the readme files for each patch on each patches download page. I had thought that when you installed a full game that all the readme files for the games are installed.

Thank you. The quality of life of the series as a whole has definitely improved which makes me very happy.

WRT to the changelogs, there are readmes in the doccuments folder, for example CMFI with all modules:

A Scen Design AAR PDF Book.pdf
CM Engine Manual v2.0.pdf
CM Engine Manual v2.11.pdf
CM Engine Manual v3.00.pdf
CM Engine Manual v4.00.pdf
CM Rome to Victory Manual.pdf
CMFI Game Manual.pdf
CMFI Gustav Line Manual.pdf
CMFI Gustav Line Mac ReadMe.txt
CMFI Gustav Line ReadMe.txt
CMFI Mac ReadMe v111.txt
CMFI Mac ReadMe v112.txt
CMFI Mac ReadMe v300.txt
CMFI ReadMe.txt
CMFI v101 ReadMe.txt
EULA.txt
ReadMe.txt
Mac Performance Guide.rtf

It would be nice to have one document with all changes over time on the forums somewhere for reference, especially for discussing bugs or changes .

One last quality of life suggestion, especially since I know you guys are probably hard at work on documentation for the new modules - Some manuals include dates of availability and formations equipped. That's really handy and I wonder if we could see that format applied to all manuals.

For example,

Fortress Italy ❌

QQQ5nR1.png

Gustav Line ✔️

N8yiPzO.png

Rome To Victory ❌

pwm7m9C.png

It's a fairly small thing but is very helpful.

On a more comprehensive note, The Black Sea  Formation Encyclopedia was absolutely outstanding.

hXWkmuC.png

I realize this would be a fair bit of work to retroactively add to all of the WW2 titles, but the dizzying array of formations in those titles is why I think it would be so handy. Please consider it for future modules though.

I know most people on the forums are wargamers and amateur historians and so on, but a layperson would not reasonably be expected to know the difference between Heer Fusiller and Grenadier battalions or what the difference is between StuG formations:

frp3Zhf.png

Whereas the Formation Encyclopedia does explain this kind of variety in Black Sea:
WwJreKI.png

Edited by DougPhresh

Good ideas.  With the increasing number of new CM2 game families and modules and with all the updates, it's increasingly hard to keep all the info straight in one's mind - (mine at least).  One almost envies newcomers to the game as they get to learn the latest versions and play everything fresh rather than us old-timers constantly having to play catch up and unlearn some old rules etc. to replay older missions.

• 4 months later...