Jump to content

New "02" patches for Game Engine 4 are now available


Recommended Posts

I like to call this the "Aught 2" (02) patch. I call it the "02" patch because each version ends with 02,  except for Black Sea. It is up and ready for everyone. Grab the one(s) that you need right here: Aught 2 Patches

This is almost a "hotfix" patch and mainly addresses 3 issues:

- Quick Battle Play by Email crashes for CMBN, CMFI and CMRT (but the fix was applied to all games) has been fixed

- AI Infantry running toward enemy fire rather than away from the firing unit. Particularly inn bocage.

- TO&E changes, particularly wrong uniforms being used in CMFI

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks to everyone for resurrecting this topic, as well as to @Elvis for being present and hopefully bumping it closer to the top of the internal Please Fix or Do Sumfink List.  I know the R2V module

REPRODUCIBLE BUG - file attached  for @BFCElvis and other interested parties So I replaced part of Elvis's test file low hedgerow with tall hedgerow. 8 out of 8 replays later, there were dea

Can I please enquire @BFCElvis - now that the R2V tome has been released, will we see some attention directed into squashing the bocage infantry TacAI bug in CMBN at some point in the near future?  ch

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Peter Panzer said:

Can you remind me how we install the patch to a game in progress to see the fixes take effect? It must be done while the game is saved in the "command" phase and then you can resume regular play, right?

Exactly. Either a saved game or an email game can be saved in the orders phase then patched and opened to continue. That didn't work for CMRT last patch (the others were fine). It is unusual that can't move a game forward with a patch but it isn't unheard of either. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Exactly. Either a saved game or an email game can be saved in the orders phase then patched and opened to continue. That didn't work for CMRT last patch (the others were fine). It is unusual that can't move a game forward with a patch but it isn't unheard of either. 🙂

Thanks!

Edited by Peter Panzer
opps - sorry for the sloppy double post.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

I like to call this the "Aught 2" (02) patch. I call it the "02" patch because each version ends with 02,  except for Black Sea. It is up and ready for everyone. Grab the one(s) that you need right here: Aught 2 Patches

This is almost a "hotfix" patch and mainly addresses 3 issues:

- Quick Battle Play by Email crashes for CMBN, CMFI and CMRT (but the fix was applied to all games) has been fixed

- AI Infantry running toward enemy fire rather than away from the firing unit. Particularly inn bocage.

- TO&E changes, particularly wrong uniforms being used in CMFI

Is that going to be addressed in another patch then? Just before I install 4.02 and waste time.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Is that going to be addressed in another patch then? Just before I install 4.02 and waste time.

 

I'm not even sure that that has been confirmed and isolated as a bug internally. If it is addressed in a patch it will not be a patch that turned around as quickly as this one was. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I'm not even sure that that has been confirmed and isolated as a bug internally. If it is addressed in a patch it will not be a patch that turned around as quickly as this one was. 

thanks! I´d added a link to a save file in that posting. If that is sufficient maybe someone can look into the matter. If not, I can share other files or additional info as well. Would be nice if other players keep the game from that save going and maybe report the same issue or not. There´s yet 4 more turns of AIP artillery/mortar fire on the pillboxes and thus plenty of opportunity to observe. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still seeing same behaviour as 4.01  - I started a fresh Scottish corridor campaign with 4.02 and once the bullets fly the AI German outposts are running towards my positions... (see western edge of map for behaviour)  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gta5hjdn9abpofk/The Scottish Corridor 003.bts?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb6a5awjxpwwuhg/The Scottish Corridor 004.bts?dl=0

ps do you need more testers.  Happy to help.

Edited by PIATpunk
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...