The upgraded Canadian campaign "The Khabour Trail" is now yours!

Have been enjoying replaying this new version.  I admit that I do not remember much about the original version that I musta played 10+ years ago.  But, a couple oddities that surprised me:

In the missions the inf start heavily loaded with ammo - approx 500 rounds per man IIRC (normal RL combat load is about 300 rounds pp IIRC) - so no need to ACQUIRE at the start.  However that also means that the need for ammo conservation is low/non-existent.  In one large 2 hour mission am about 30 minutes from the end and I can only recall having to give one squad some ammo just cos it was easy to do while they were mounted but not really cos they needed it urgently.

So, not sure if this new version has been made easier (at least re ammo supply) or if I just don't remember the original very well.  (Hopefully it's just cos I am a much better player.)  :)

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2019 at 6:18 AM, Erwin said:

In the missions the inf start heavily loaded with ammo - approx 500 rounds per man IIRC (normal RL combat load is about 300 rounds pp IIRC) - so no need to ACQUIRE at the start.  However that also means that the need for ammo conservation is low/non-existent.  In one large 2 hour mission am about 30 minutes from the end and I can only recall having to give one squad some ammo just cos it was easy to do while they were mounted but not really cos they needed it urgently.

Speaking from the Canadian Army in Afghanistan - I was with the guns and pulling security for a PRT but 10 x 30rd magazines is more or less accurate. I'm sure that during Medusa or among units who were out looking for a fight they might have carried more.

Edited by DougPhresh

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...