Panzer Lehr at Pont Hebert

After six months and untold hours, my work on the 16 square kilometer map between le Desert, Cavigny, la Fautelaye and Quartier du Pont is approximately 40% complete. Many WWII gamers will recognize the name les Hauts Vents, which is located in the south western third of my map.

My goal is to create a master map from which scenarios and campaigns can be recreated for the period July 8 – 12, 1944, a time when the Americans were driving for St. Lo and attempting to extricate themselves from the bocage country. My sources have included aerial recon photos taken July 12, 1944 and more such from 1947 as well as French on-line sources which provided me with 5 meter contour intervals.

I have created may new location appropriate skins for the buildings that have survived the past 75 years, most notably, those with their original 1944 red stucco or wash, still entirely or partially intact. But I have run into a modding problem and am asking for help. I want to make new ’tiled’ roofs for the ‘modular’ buildings. But whenever I alter or swap an undamaged roof bitmap (which is very easy to do) the ‘damaged roof’ bitmap no longer fits properly even though it has not been touched. I have been unable to find a solution. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

This map is being created on an Alienware gaming desktop with two NVidia 1080 cards in SLI. Anything less can display the 2D map but not the 3D map. Once completed the map can be ‘chopped’ into smaller scenario specific manageable pieces. Please contact me if you are willing and able to help.

Edited by WillemO

• 2 weeks later...

HUGE MAP attached. Here I have uploaded the western half of my Panzer Lehr at Pont-Hebert map project. This map is 8 square kilometres (4x2) and is in low detail, meaning that all flavour objects have been stripped off, all ground tiles converted to grass only (with a few exceptions) and crops are limited to four types. If your computer will not load the 3D map then load it in the Scenario Editor and crop it as you please.

To use this map properly you must also install Falaise's 22.5 degree paved roads or my modification of it. When using 22.5 degree paved roads you must also be using the stock paved roads and not any road mod that alters these. This map looks best (i.e. historically correct) only with my many new building skins. I tried (unsuccessfully so far) to load these to Green as Jade's site. Will try again later.

Les Hauts Vents LD MM.zip

Edited by WillemO

Sky is black: This is not an 'issue'. The Mission/Data parameter is set as 0130 hours. So it is in the middle of the night. You can either change the time in the Scenario Editor or use Alt B to get 'daylight' conditions at night.

Not opening on version 4.00. Sorry to hear that. Can't do anything about that. I am using the most recent version 4.02.

54 minutes ago, WillemO said:

I have now uploaded all my new skins plus this map to Green as Jade's CM mods repository.

Happy that you found the way to the forum Wim, peoples are, checking first the forum than the CMMODs III and IV, thanks for the updates, I will send you soon by dropbox the others files ...

• 6 months later...
On 6/10/2019 at 2:48 PM, WillemO said:

But whenever I alter or swap an undamaged roof bitmap (which is very easy to do) the ‘damaged roof’ bitmap no longer fits properly even though it has not been touched.

I have noticed that when using a building texture mod, some of the damaged roof textures are somehow turned 90 degrees from what they should be. Is that the same problem you're having? I have not been able to solve it...