Syrian tank modifications

Hi

I've found an interesting movie about syria tank modifications. Posted it in Syrians thread but it seems no one there is interested. Maybe it wasn't the best place for it.

Probably out of scope of CMSF2 but still interesting to see. Such vehicles could be useful in red on red scenarios.

The home-made SACLOS jammers are nice. All in all, the Syrian Arab Army has done amazing things with what little they had.

As for the other thread, I subscribe to Southfront, so I had already seen it. It is appreciated, as they are a great source of unbullcrapped info. Sharing them is a great service.

Respectfully,

LL

Southfront is obviously biased, but if you can see through it its i believe one of the best sources of day to day news about what going on in Syria. And produce alot of very cool mini documentaries.

PS: here is another extremely long but extremely interesting about "the workshop", where IS did alot of its modifications of alot of its armoured vehicles. It goes extremely into depth. Recomend if you have the time

http://spioenkop.blogspot.com/2017/08/armour-in-islamic-state-story-of.html 

Edited by Boche

It was reported during the Mosul battles that almost all of the ISIS forces encountered were of Russian origin. That implies a lot of experience gleaned from the Chechnya conflict. Which would include a lot of experience facing Russian armor with various sorts of additional protection added.

Pretty good précis of the argument on the subject here:

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/South_Front

You can often find decent imagery of the Syrian & Yemen conflicts here:

https://www.almasdarnews.com/

How much faith you put in the reporting is entirely up to you.  ;)

31179307_135787620611978_540687454298963

Looks like the Republican Guard ran short on Kontakt-1 modules before they came up with the 'Shafrah'.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 6/15/2019 at 11:43 AM, Liveload said:

According to what?

I think according to fact they dont perpetuate mainstream media biases....therefore they must be biased by definition :)

I came across South Front about 3 yrs ago. One thing I noticed, their maps of who owned what in Syria seemed to be 1-3months ahead of what I saw in the mainstream press.....

Edited by Gazmaps