Thread about confirmed patch issues

I will probably be wrong about this but wouldn't it be a good idea to have a dedicated thread outlining confirmed issues with the new patch?

Each patch issue would be outlined with a brief description and its current status. This will give players an idea of whether they want to start or continue playing battles and campaigns. The thread should be blocked from public posts and controlled by Developer(s). Players can pile in on separate threads about other potential issues. 

At the moment browsing the forums I can see:

1. RT: PBEM games are not compatible and have to be finished in 4.0

2. FI: Fallschirmjager uniforms have issues. 

3. BN: Appears to be some odd behaviour of troops fleeing towards the enemy to seek cover.

#1 - Will never be changed. This happens (not often but it happens) with patches sometimes.

#2 - Known and being fixed (actually already has been ..just not released yet)

#3 - Ditto

#4 - Not on your list but, in my opinion, bigger than the other 3 combined....PBEM QBs with Human selection in CMBN, CMFI and CMRT broken. See response to #s 2 and 3.

4 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

#1 - Will never be changed. This happens (not often but it happens) with patches sometimes.

#3 - Ditto

#4 - Not on your list but, in my opinion, bigger than the other 3 combined....PBEM QBs with Human selection in CMBN, CMFI and CMRT broken. See response to #s 2 and 3.

Thanks mate

12 hours ago, General Liederkranz said:

This is great news. A number of people have suggested on the forum is that #3 affects other games, just not as obviously as in CMBN with the bocage. (I for one am almost sure I've seen the same bug in CMFI.) Is the fix for this global, or was it determined to be just a CMBN problem?

Good question. All I got was a non-reply reply to a query as to whether this 'tweak' (BFC characterization) was going to apply to the modern titles (BS/SF2).

It would also be nice to see what behavior exactly is in need of a tweak.

On 6/8/2019 at 3:48 AM, BFCElvis said:

Any idea when will a fix be released to address this?

On 6/8/2019 at 5:17 AM, simon211 said:

I've also noticed #3.  

If you look at the first mission in the Scottish Corridor you can see pretty good examples of this.  I call it suicide rushing.

Banzai charge is not too bad also. 🤔

Edited by ncc1701e

4 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Soon. Possibly very soon. 🙂

Good news. Able to give any clues on any other issues that this might resolve. Just resolving issues brought about due to the patch? Or are any prior issues that the patch missed or part resolved going to be included in this?

Hello,

is strange a.i. behavior after last patch for game engine 4 (V12_black sea) manifested in running of few squad members around buildings, or positioning half of the squad on wrong (enemy) side of walls and buildings well documented now, or should i make videos and fill report for support? Im new to the forums and dont want to duplicate info about something which is wll known to others.

My personal and technicaly un-educated quess is that new a.i. behavior trying to use corner peek mechanics is not able to properly react on some type of architecture or its combinations (buildings with adjacent walls etc) and properly positioning itself relative to enemy. This is mabye magified with grid style map and new more spreading unit mechanic.

Manipulating with units is now more unpredictable and in cqb often ends with unnecessary losses. And because Combat Mission is based on micromanaging units, unexpected unit behavior is from gameplay perspective counterproductive and gamebreaking element. This is of course just my opinion.

On 6/7/2019 at 7:48 PM, BFCElvis said:

#3 - Ditto

9 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Soon. Possibly very soon. 🙂

This is great to hear! 

Having had a chance to play a bit of 4.1 in the WWII titles, I've noticed that machine gun teams tend to displace more often than not after taking a bit of fire, which makes using them to suppress the the enemy rather troublesome. To me, this behavior appears to be directly linked to troops displacing in general, some of them towards the enemy. It appears that this has already been addressed and a hotfix can be expected "very soon," which is great news! 

Just to clarify, I think that the modern titles are great as they are, and I am overall quite happy with v4.1. Still looking forward to the final tweaks to be released. Then we can all go back to asking when the new modules will be out 😁

Hi
Here´s a - small - bug you seemed to have missed:

When the british 2inch/51mm mortars are out of HE rounds - but still have WP and smoke rounds left - the mortar says "out of range" at all distances. The mortars will still fire smoke rounds if you continue to target smoke, though.

SovietPolarBear posted this issue for CMSF2: 

19 hours ago, sovietpolarbear said:

I noticed that in the first level of the campaign you have 7-man sections while in real life the Canadian section consists of 8 men. I did a check in quick battle and noticed the sections also have 7 men instead of 8.

It appears that Canadian infantry sections are a man short.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, IICptMillerII said:

Just to clarify, I think that the modern titles are great as they are, and I am overall quite happy with v4.1. Still looking forward to the final tweaks to be released. Then we can all go back to asking when the new modules will be out 😁

We are in agreement yet again!  :o

Whatever is happening to the world?  :P

PS - Don't get me wrong.....I still wouldn't say no to Uncon Breach Teams, Pickups as Single Vehicles etc. etc. (ad infinitum), but IMHO nothing seems broken in CM:SF2 and CM:BS just needs some fine tuning for balance.  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

17 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Aye'up.....Here's The Grinch.  :rolleyes:

Yep, here's the guy wondering what you think needs balancing, when (1) you know darn well the game has never been about balance and (2) all you give is a cryptic statement with a wink emoji in your arguing for the game needing to be balanced.

So, champ, tell us then: what needs to be changed in the name of balance? Don't be shy now. 

Edited by LukeFF