Replacing my PC - best tips for a smooth reinstall & re-upgrade process?

Motherboard failed on my PC the other day.

Getting a newer, better rig.

But I dread the process of getting all my CM games back and restoring them to the latest patched versions, etc.

Any tips for making that go as smoothly as possible without licensing hassles or missing a step somewhere?

It depends on what you own. If you have all of your CM games using the 4.0 Game Engine then re-installing is super easy. All games at 4.0 have full game all-in-one installers. Meaning there is only 1 download and installation step for each game. CMBN for instance, when you use the full 4.0 installer it will download and install the base game game, Commonwealth module, Market Garden module, the Vehicle and Battle Packs and all patches and Upgrades in a single download. Then you use the Activate New Products utility and enter the keys for what you own to "unlock" their content.

If you don't have them all up to 4.0 then a step by step installation will be needed. If you open a Help Desk ticket and let me know exactly what you own I can let you know the simplest way to install them.