United States vs Russia capability questions

4 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

and that supports the Seth Rich conspiracy how?  A quick search notes neither of those links even mentions Seth nor makes any suggestion he was involved.  Sorry you are still in the alt right conspiracy fold...which considering it's Russian leanings does not surprise me but it does sadden me.  I can accept having a political bent towards being skeptical of the west, but being essentially a mouthpiece for alt right conspiracies on this forum that generally benefit Russia.. yeah that is a bummer.  No it doesn't show open mindedness at all.  which was where this started.  You haven't been able to defend the whole journalism thing comment or the US being the most lethal country ever nor probably a dozen other items you have put out there as established fact.  You change subject, make references to proof that ends up not being anything at all and generally drive a smoke screen instead of being able to argue facts.  The US is certainly guilty of a lot of bad s**t. As someone who has actually done time opposing those policies I do have a leg to stand on and an ability to be objective of when my country is being f**ked up.  However none of that excuses Russian behavior or validates it.  Russian stands on it's own to be evaluated for it's actions no different than the US.  Not excused for everything with "but what about your western..."  No we do not systematically kill our journalists other than on Twitter.  It is NOT all equal.  Unlike what Putin says Liberalism (meaning democracy) is NOT dead.

I've checked and you are correct, VIPs as a group has not directly named Seth Rich as the source, presumably because Wikileaks asked them not to, at a guess.....Nevertheless if you read their work on the subject, the intimation is extremely clear, to an open minded person at the least.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

9 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I've checked and you are correct, VIPs as a group has not directly named Seth Rich as the source, presumably because Wikileaks asked them not to, at a guess.....Nevertheless if you read their work on the subject, the intimation is extremely clear, to an open minded person at the least.  :rolleyes:

why would WikiLeaks ask them to do that if Assange was suggesting Seth was a source to the point of offering $20k for information.  If you are gonna peddle alt right stuff you should at least be well versed.

Assange fanned the flames even higher on August 25, 2016, when he was asked in a television interview, "Why are you so interested in Seth Rich's killer?"
"We're very interested in anything that might be a threat to alleged Wikileaks sources,” Assange answered. “If there's someone who's potentially connected to our publication, and that person has been murdered in suspicious circumstances, it doesn't necessarily mean that the two are connected. But it is a very serious matter .. that type of allegation is very serious, as it's taken very seriously by us."

So you posted a link proving your point without checking to see if that was even valid?  Okay back to the question - who are these supposed intel officers who support the Seth Rich conspiracy?

Edited by sburke

9 minutes ago, IanL said:

I'm cool with that. If you don't want these topics to flair up don't peddle drivel expecting it to go unchallenged.

That should really cut both ways, frankly none of us should have got into this in the first place.  :mellow:

TBH I'm not too happy about some of my posts above, sometimes you can take playing the Devil's Advocate too far.....Nevertheless I think we've all overdone it with the hyperbole tonight.  :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, sburke said:

why would WikiLeaks ask them to do that if Assange was suggesting Seth was a source to the point of offering $20k for information.  If you are gonna peddle alt right stuff you should at least be well versed.

For a man so well versed it's remarkable that you are only quoting half of what Assange said.....Good journalists do not reveal their sources.

As for the rest, you can find their site, the same as I can. 

PS - Alt Right is an American thing, politically you absolutely could not be further from the mark and I don't take you associating me with your racists too kindly at all.....If this discussion were taking place at the pub, as you suggested earlier, me and you would be off into the car-park, for a very frank discussion indeed.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Just now, Sgt.Squarehead said:

For a man so well versed it's remarkable that you are only quoting half of what Assange said.....Good journalists do not reveal their sources.

As for the rest, you can find their site, the same as I can. 

No I quoted exactly what was in the article in full and yet again you obfuscate.  So there are no intel officers is what you are saying? And you did post a link misleading folks to think there were facts there that turn out not to be the case?

34 minutes ago, sburke said:

what is an alt-hero?  

Alt-hero is a new comic series with all original characters. The storyline revolves around the struggle between globalism and nationalism. In addition to a very interesting, multi-dimensional plotline, the heroes offer parents characters in the classic comic hero mode they can feel safe giving to their kids.

The series is by a company called Arkhavencomics. It's probably going to be very big.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My immediate thought is that the effects of cyberwar were not mentioned.  It's certain that all the communications assets that NATO needs will be jammed and at least partially inoperative leading to chaos in the complex reinforcement plan.  On the Russian side, it will much easier to send a few Divisions west a few dozen miles to the Baltic even if all their communications are jammed.

Edited by Erwin