Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I've noticed in the last couple of weeks that the 4.01 patch fixed several bugs I'd seen reported on the forums, even though they weren't listed in the patch notes. In many cases I wasn't aware that BFC had even officially acknowledged them. It's been fun to find these things, so I thought I'd start a thread to compile them. I'm grateful to the BFC staff and testers who have harvested these and fixed them, and I'm curious what others have found! 

Here's what  I've seen so far:

1) In CMFB, Volksgrenadier Sturm squads no longer have extra Assistant leaders. Reported and acknowledged after the 4.0 upgrade in 2016, now fixed:

2) In CMFI, Italian HMG teams no longer carry superfluous US 60mm mortar ammunition. Noted back in 2013, in 2017, and again in March 2019 but now fixed:

3) In the CMFI Troina campaign, US infantry company MG teams used to have M1919A4s instead of M1919A6s--but no longer. I noted that here in 2017: 

4) In CMBN, you can now buy Vickers teams in QBs without getting XO teams instead. @Oliver_88 confirmed this. 

5) Perhaps related to (4), in CMBN and CMFI, CW Vickers platoon 2IC teams no longer have erroneous MG icons, as used to be true (noted here):

6) In CMBN, the problem with acquiring mortar ammo from CW Carrier Platoon vehicles is fixed, confirmed by @domfluff here:

7) In CMBN, US MMG teams no longer fire off a rifle grenade as a "parting shot" after an area fire Target Light order is cancelled. I noticed this under 4.0 back in 2017 and I saw it again just now with my version of CMBN 3.0. But it seems to be gone in 4.01!

8 Another pet peeve of mine, in CMFI 4.0 US units with area fire orders would fire off their AT rifle grenade before their HE grenades, instead of saving it to use against armor. (At least, that's what I observed and noted). Not true in CMFI after the patch! (I also noticed that under 4.0, unlike 3.0, early US rifle squads carried two rifle grenade launchers. This hasn't been changed in 4.01, so I assume it was a deliberate TO&E update.)

Patch notes themselves here:

 

 

Edited by General Liederkranz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, General Liederkranz said:

4) In CMBN, you can now buy Vickers teams in QBs without getting XO teams instead. @Oliver_88 confirmed this. 

 

 

 

Also mentioned another stealth one in that same post. It's not stated on the notes but in 4.0 when choosing British (dunno whether other nations also) airborne formations in the Quick Battle game mode they were missing their vehicles. So you ended up having to purchase vehicles separately (and hope you had enough seats in them). Less your guns/mortars are deprived of mobility. Less your troops are deprived of their ammunition supply. But that's no longer the case in 4.1 and each formation (even the Independent Parachute Company) exists with its own organic transport.

AEIieDR.png

Oh also here's another related one. There used to only be one unit available to choose from in 4.0 when looking for Single Vehicles under Airborne Infantry when as the British on Quick Battles (think that was the Multipurpose Vehicle Jeep Bren). The others were missing in Quick Battles but existed in Scenario Designer. But now the units you have available in Quick Battles match those available in the Scenario Designer.

3skocPD.png

Edited to add: should mention this is for CMBN (not checked for the same issues and fixes in CMFI as yet).

Edited by Oliver_88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Oliver_88 said:

Also mentioned another stealth one in that same post. It's not stated on the notes but in 4.0 when choosing British (dunno whether other nations also) airborne formations in the Quick Battle game mode they were missing their vehicles. So you ended up having to purchase vehicles separately (and hope you had enough seats in them). Less your guns/mortars are deprived of mobility. Less your troops are deprived of their ammunition supply. But that's no longer the case in 4.1 and each formation (even the Independent Parachute Company) exists with its own organic transport.

AEIieDR.png

Oh also here's another related one. There used to only be one unit available to choose from in 4.0 when looking for Single Vehicles under Airborne Infantry when as the British on Quick Battles (think that was the Multipurpose Vehicle Jeep Bren). The others were missing in Quick Battles but existed in Scenario Designer. But now the units you have available in Quick Battles match those available in the Scenario Designer.

3skocPD.png

Edited to add: should mention this is for CMBN (not checked for the same issues and fixes in CMFI as yet).

Also before the patch the recce squadron with vickers k jeeps was in mechanized infantry instead of airborne infantry, it is now fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The carrier platoon thing is more than fixed, actually, you can now do this:

pK45t7s.jpg

(Acquire and use the 2 inch mortar whilst mounted)

This means that you can use them for effective recon - the HQ element has binoculars, so you can dismount that part to scout, whilst the other two elements can supply MG, smoke and mortar fire to get them out of trouble, in the same way CMSF Scimitars can be used, or the Syrian/Russian recon platoons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 1:47 PM, General Liederkranz said:

7) In CMBN, US MMG teams no longer fire off a rifle grenade as a "parting shot" after an area fire Target Light order is cancelled. I noticed this under 4.0 back in 2017 and I saw it again just now with my version of CMBN 3.0. But it seems to be gone in 4.01!

Sadly it seems this bug is still around, at least in CMFI 2.02. Playing the third scenario of the Troina campaign I observed a couple of occasions where cancelling a Target Light order causes a (US) unit to fire off one rifle grenade before they stop shooting. I wonder if the code cancels the "Light" limitation a split second before it cancels the "Fire" order? I have a saved game showing this behavior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...