Jump to content
37mm

Heaven & Earth: Project discussion thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, sburke said:

hmm now I think I know where @Sgt.Squarehead  comes up with the idea of placing a few dozen IEDs.....

Hey, I'm blameless there... that's his own particular issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks to the sterling efforts of SmartWargames, all issues with our Pick-up swaps have been resolved...

vh4UQVM.jpg

I'm particuarly happy about the new Recoiless Rifle Jeep!

SmartWargames himself has created some videos featuring the new vehicles, as well as all the other things he's managed to create (Makeshift armoured cars, PK armed UAZ's etc)...

 

I'll be posting about his techniques seperately but I'm sure @The Steppenwulf & @sbobovyc would be especcially interested in his work (check out the giant cargo ship flavour object for one thing).

1321472453_kiZstLZ-Imgur.jpg.25d0b984e8eeab7d9a5f048d383516ae.jpg

 

Edited by 37mm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 37mm said:

I'll be posting about his techniques seperately but I'm sure @The Steppenwulf & @sbobovyc would be especcially interested in his work (check out the giant cargo ship flavour object for one thing)

It's crossed my mind to create some very large "background" flavour objects, purely for extra eye candy. That ship is neat though - well executed. Thanks for the head up 37mm, I shall follow this thread with interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, sburke said:

hmm now I think I know where @Sgt.Squarehead  comes up with the idea of placing a few dozen IEDs.....

A few dozen?  :lol:

Couple of hundred more like.....I actually made an arc light test called '[Test] Boom I', but had difficulty sequencing the explosions (I wanted them to start at one end of the map and end at the other).  I still believe this can be done, but it would have taken more time than I was willing to sacrifice at that moment. 

The test map used in those experiments evolved into '[Test] Boom II', otherwise known as 'SRBM Attack' (240xIEDs, 45xVBIEDs):

Ram4Lpg.jpg

84gAGvq.jpg

Because SRBMs really don't care what order they land in!  :P

If anyone would like to experience the full fury of this test map for themselves, send me a PM.  There is now a '[Test] Boom III' on my desk, it's a fully fledged scenario (for my OSIRIS storyline) set somewhere on the Iraq/Syria border, however it's on permanent hold while I finish off various 'Heaven & Earth' projects.

PS - 'Boom IV' is on the cards too, as @37mm and I discussed elsewhere.....It's set in an oil refinery!  :ph34r:

 

 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 37mm said:

I'm particuarly happy about the new Recoiless Rifle Jeep!

Mate that rocks.....You guys rock!  Please pass on my sincere thanks.  B)

1321472453_kiZstLZ-Imgur.jpg.25d0b984e8e

I really would like to use that in Ikke-Phtang!  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Welcome to the world of scenario writing!  :D

All these beauties and scenarios and mods given a really others aspect of SMF2 lot of works lot of nerves but really beautiful and interresting...

When can we expect to see the full Combat Mission Vietnam  Mods ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

When can we expect to see the full Combat Mission Vietnam  Mods ?

The Heaven & Earth modpack is coming along well however the pack will only be released when we have sufficient content* for players to play with.

It'll be ready when it's ready.

 

 

*Again, if there are any scenario designers who fancy making a mission don't hesitate to send me a PM.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, 37mm said:

The Heaven & Earth modpack is coming along well however the pack will only be released when we have sufficient content* for players to play with.

It'll be ready when it's ready.

 

 

*Again, if there are any scenario designers who fancy making a mission don't hesitate to send me a PM.

 

Loud and Clear thanks to this info...

Edited by 3j2m7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Combatintman said:

That ship is a thing of beauty - very interested to see how that was done.

Very cool, that would go nicely on my al Houdaydah Yemen map!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Perhaps you could use this for one of the H&E scenarios.

pIni6y8.png

Not a beauty but simple and resource friendly and thus more can be placed. For editor interaction the original flavor object is located on the see floor. I resized it to test if the fov issues go away but then the model got catapulted out of bounds. However for medium sized objects that are not always in point black front of the player its not that noticeable. 

File is too big, I moved it to my dropbox. 

Edited by Aquila-CM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aquila-CM said:

Perhaps you could use this for one of the H&E scenarios.

pIni6y8.png

 

Oh, I'm fairly confident that @Sgt.Squarehead will find a use for that.

VERY.MUCH.APPRECIATED!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sburke said:

Omfg......

I second, third, and fourth that. HOLY F***!

 

Mord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Combatintman said:

So who's going to be first to convert one of the amphibious vehicles to one of these bad boys then …

 

Even before I scrolled down to your thread I was just thinkin we need PBR Streetgang!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wow!  :o

@Aquila-CM  I can't thank you enough.....You really have made my day!  :D 

I was getting a bit stuck for inspiration on my delta map.....It's kind of big and I do everything in a very 'particular' way, so it can get a bit tedious, but you've given me so many new ideas.

Outstanding!  B)

PS - Is there an amphibious, unarmed (or lightly armed) vehicle with passenger space that we could re-skin with that boat (Junk/Dhow)?  :unsure:

I really could write a scenario that genuinely is 'unlike anything seen before' with a few of those.....'Pirates of Bong-Hai' anyone?  :P

PS - @37mm  I'm actually serious here.....A CM:H&E Indiana Jones style riverine journey from the delta to the lost temple of 'Lang-Ri-Sha'.  :D

A [Pirates] tag for all things nautical might give us options, allowing us to use [Delta] & [Ikke] for various building and terrain changes? 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Wow!  :o

@Aquila-CM  I can't thank you enough.....You really have made my day!  :D 

I was getting a bit stuck for inspiration on my delta map.....It's kind of big and I do everything in a very 'particular' way, so it can get a bit tedious, but you've given me so many new ideas.

Outstanding!  B)

PS - Is there an amphibious, unarmed (or lightly armed) vehicle with passenger space that we could re-skin with that boat (Junk/Dhow)?  :unsure:

I really could write a scenario that genuinely is 'unlike anything seen before' with a few of those.....'Pirates of Bong-Hai' anyone?  :P

PS - @37mm  I'm actually serious here.....A CM:H&E Indiana Jones style riverine journey from the delta to the lost temple of 'Lang-Ri-Sha'.  :D

A [Pirates] tag for all things nautical might give us options, allowing us to use [Delta] & [Ikke] for various building and terrain changes? 

BRDM's, BTR's & BMP's are amphibious... all have pretty heavy weaponry.

However there will definately be a Riverine element to H&E... indeed one of the scenario conversions already has such an element.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Wow!  :o

@Aquila-CM  I can't thank you enough.....You really have made my day!  :D 

I was getting a bit stuck for inspiration on my delta map.....It's kind of big and I do everything in a very 'particular' way, so it can get a bit tedious, but you've given me so many new ideas.

Outstanding!  B)

PS - Is there an amphibious, unarmed (or lightly armed) vehicle with passenger space that we could re-skin with that boat (Junk/Dhow)?  :unsure:

I really could write a scenario that genuinely is 'unlike anything seen before' with a few of those.....'Pirates of Bong-Hai' anyone?  :P

PS - @37mm  I'm actually serious here.....A CM:H&E Indiana Jones style riverine journey from the delta to the lost temple of 'Lang-Ri-Sha'.  :D

A [Pirates] tag for all things nautical might give us options, allowing us to use [Delta] & [Ikke] for various building and terrain changes? 

Oh by the way you need to request the Blackhawk get a Huey variant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Another version of "Green 9" is underway... interestingly I discovered you can flood the irrigation ditches.

0SssSL2.jpg

xRUA4id.jpg

eOG0TmK.jpg

g1gu6Ee.jpg

 

Edited by 37mm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 37mm said:

Another version of "Green 9" is underway... interestingly I discovered you can flood the irrigation ditches.

Presumably by filling them with a shallow ford tile? I've not tried it, but conceptually that is how I would see it being done. Grateful if you could confirm that this was your solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

Presumably by filling them with a shallow ford tile? I've not tried it, but conceptually that is how I would see it being done. Grateful if you could confirm that this was your solution.

No, that obliterates the tile, the trenches & the foilage... however if you have shallow ford next to the trenched tile it'll flood into it.

Edited by 37mm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 37mm said:

No, that obliterates the tile, the trenches & the foilage... however if you have shallow ford next to the trenched tile it'll flood into it.

Of course - I made them with what was the 'trench' tile in CMSF-1 which would be cancelled out as you say. You've come up with a clever fix, have a like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

Of course - I made them with what was the 'trench' tile in CMSF-1 which would be cancelled out as you say. You've come up with a clever fix, have a like.

I'm not even sure if I like the effect (the water still flows quite rapidly, like it's a river rather than a rice paddy) and it seems to be visual only (travelling along the ditches seems the same) but, nonetheless, an interesting new feature (the WW2 games have water but no ditches).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...