Heaven & Earth: Project discussion thread

I had a feeling that thing was coming TBH.....It's grown on me, but I'd still prefer a proper M113.  B)

Would it be possible to put the fighting compartment deck & turret from that thing onto the M106 Mortar Carrier from CM:BS?  Or is that a hack too far?  :unsure:

PS - Totally agree about the weapon sounds.....The LMG sounds awesome.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

19 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I had a feeling that thing was coming TBH.....It's grown on me, but I'd still prefer a proper M113.  B)

Would it be possible to put the fighting compartment deck & turret from that thing onto the M106 Mortar Carrier from CM:BS?  Or is that a hack too far?  :unsure:

PS - Totally agree about the weapon sounds.....The LMG sounds awesome.

Indeed, a "hack" too far..

However, once I've finished alpha'ing out or pasting over the bits I don't need, it will be the M113 (which the YPR-GN is basically just a variant of anyway).

I've been working on the sounds, as a separate project, since December(?)... you wouldn't believe how many different sounds & "soundscape philosophies" I've gone through in that time.

@37mm those images are not looking too good. In the message they are just small thumbnails and when I click on them they get bigger but they are blurry. Any way to link them differently? Is it a problem with the hosting provider or your original capture?

Don't get me wrong I want to see your stuff. This is a cool concept and you guys have done a damn nice job - I would just like to see the results better,

14 minutes ago, IanL said:

@37mm those images are not looking too good. In the message they are just small thumbnails and when I click on them they get bigger but they are blurry. Any way to link them differently? Is it a problem with the hosting provider or your original capture?

Pictures look fine to me. I think the problem is on your end.

55 minutes ago, strigoi said:

Pictures look fine to me. I think the problem is on your end.

Interesting. I'm not sure what that would be. Pictures posted by @Sgt.Squarehead look fine on my end.

Well I'll be - I switched for Chrome and everything is good. FF is still showing me the same. OK my end it is - thanks.

I figured it out. My script blocker responsible. ibb must be doing some interesting suff - loading a low res image and then using js loading the higher res images over top. With my script blocker on that high res image was never loaded.

All is well - nothing to see here - unless anyone else uses No Script on FF...

Gotcha TC.  B)

Postcards are few & far between at the moment, the delta map is 2.4km x2km , which means it's taking a while to do, and thus there are still big blank spots all over it, but they are becoming smaller and further apart.....Slowly.  :blink:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

11 hours ago, IanL said:

Is it a problem with the hosting provider or your original capture?

Nope... never had an issue with that site and I use multiple devices, with multiple OS's & multiple browsers.

However, i'll try out imgur anyway...

QbaqspY.jpg

ZaGw8eH.jpg

... a burning village at night (standard view & movie mode).

Edited by 37mm

14 hours ago, 37mm said:

Nope... never had an issue with that site and I use multiple devices, with multiple OS's & multiple browsers.

It was totally on my end. Every now and then my protection regime bites me. You'd think that I would start there anytime something looks wonky but you'd be wrong :D

14 hours ago, 37mm said:

However, i'll try out imgur anyway...

Nice full size in the post - looking good!

11 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

@37mm  Do the sloped roofs also include damaged textures?  :unsure:

I haven't actually blown one up yet.....Amazing as that may seem to those familiar with my work!  ;)

Yes I have & there are a few strange oddities which I've not, as yet, been able to figure out.

As far as I can tell, all the roof types in Heaven & Earth (flat roofs, sloped chimney roofs, chimneyless hut roofs & Temple/mosque roofs) now use the same damage texture.

Even more bizarre, they use a texture which, originally, has nothing to do with roof damage.

As a placeholder, I've created an (ugly) "generic damaged roof texture" which is used for all the roofs when they get damaged.

Further playtesting & I'm pretty sure I've turned "Green 9" into an unwinnable murder machine...

rt7zKUx.jpg

tONzaQa.jpg

3tzOsB5.jpg

... which I kind of like the idea of but I'll see what I can do about giving the Imperials a better chance of victory.

9 hours ago, 37mm said:

Further playtesting & I'm pretty sure I've turned "Green 9" into an unwinnable murder machine...

... which I kind of like the idea of but I'll see what I can do about giving the Imperials a better chance of victory.

Which is kinda why it took me about 30 tests to get the original scenario playable … so good luck with your endeavours 😉

4 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Which is kinda why it took me about 30 tests to get the original scenario playable … so good luck with your endeavours 😉

Thirty tests!

Geez, I think I'd go mad & just turn it into an "arclight" mission.