Heaven & Earth: Project discussion thread

Been watching the outstanding Ken Burns documentary "Vietnam" - 10 amazing episodes I think.  Looking forward to some SE Asia action.  I hope there will be opportunity for Blue vs Red (ie: US/ARVN vs VC and NVA.

I see you have approximated the APC's but have you guys been able to sim the tanks as well?  The doc depicts tanks quite a lot in '68 onwards.

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

Been watching the outstanding Ken Burns documentary "Vietnam" - 10 amazing episodes I think.  Looking forward to some SE Asia action.  I hope there will be opportunity for Blue vs Red (ie: US/ARVN vs VC and NVA.

US as Blue could be done, but the US Army/USMC technology is just so superior that it wouldn't be very realistic to put them back in the 60s or early 70s. But one could of course make some constraints within the scenarios. 

Edited by puje

5 hours ago, Erwin said:

I see you have approximated the APC's but have you guys been able to sim the tanks as well?  The doc depicts tanks quite a lot in '68 onwards.

The nearest you're going to get to such action, using CMSF2, is our "Imperial Cavalry" vs "People's Militia/Army" stuff.

Both campaigns & the majority of the "Bong-Hai Civil War" scenarios provided in last months "Open Beta" feature such forces.

@Aquila-SmartWargames started a playthrough of the "Year of the Rat" campaign.

Again, as per the manual, there are a number of Patton tags within H&E... such vehicles feature in several of the Urban campaign battles.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 6:49 AM, Aquila-SmartWargames said:

I didn´t know that this campaign existed. Not that bad as I can play the conversion without any knowledge about what is awaiting.

Oh I'm sure there will be enough differences to allow you to play both (certainly the H&E Conversion will not be centered around a crack company of Russian Airborne, in BMD-1's, fighting Mujahideen)...

HgkADMw.jpg

45 minutes ago, 37mm said:

Oh I'm sure there will be enough differences to allow you to play both (certainly the H&E Conversion will not be centered around a crack company of Russian Airborne, in BMD-1's, fighting Mujahideen)...

HgkADMw.jpg

Beautiful Map, are the background mountains on the map ?

Edited by 3j2m7

11 hours ago, 3j2m7 said:

Beautiful Map, are the background mountains on the map ?

Oh dear lord no... that's just the current default* H&E background (borrowed from CMFI).

The "moodier" clouds will be part of 0.97.

*There are different backgrounds for mountainous highlands, flat paddy areas, coastal areas & war torn cities... activated by various tags.

7 hours ago, 37mm said:

Oh dear lord no... that's just the current default* H&E background (borrowed from CMFI).

The "moodier" clouds will be part of 0.97.

*There are different backgrounds for mountainous highlands, flat paddy areas, coastal areas & war torn cities... activated by various tags.

Ah Ok thank you, personly I find this already very nice, this seem to be integreate in this game, the clouds will give really a good aspect.

You and your Team have already doing something special with this full release, and I like very much combat red again red, this is the missing possibilities in some CMs Series, and this model is very welcome to created more mods in the same direction, and I think with F and R we will have more stuffs to working about. 
Do you planified to do in the futur another converted mod, or period ?

(well of course you dont have to explain too much, but a little sign) ?? !!

to stay in the region and context Japan again Chinese, Shangai...let us dream... 

Edited by 3j2m7

3 hours ago, 3j2m7 said:

Do you planified to do in the futur another converted mod, or period?

I flip between extremes of "Yes, of course" & "No, not a frigging chance".

Another day, another map for "Major Nguyen's Brigade"...

Db3gDDF.jpg

x2fVYpc.jpg

hWLr2Kp.jpg

28 minutes ago, 37mm said:

I flip between extremes of "Yes, of course" & "No, not a frigging chance".

Another day, another map for "Major Nguyen's Brigade"...

Nothing to say the picures of the maps are very beautiful, exept..., I would suggest that you say extremes  (Yes, just kidding) and don t flip too much for the time, we are waiting for further news...

• 2 weeks later...