Heaven & Earth: Project discussion thread

Modern conversions done, campaign script done, campaign briefing mostly done... just the manual & a single 3D model now... oh & a few voices.

@mjkerner has also started bringing his stuff directly to the game, here are our "Bong-Hai Civil War" era "Imperial Army" troops fighting (and dying) during a recent conversion playtest...

0HWR5f2.png

SYIy1RQ.png

bv3TTts.png

Edited by 37mm

2 hours ago, 37mm said:

Campaign & voices done, manual update started. @mjkerner has also done some work on the Special Forces uniform from @puje ...

10ePlpM.png

That little band around the barets, it that intentional? I don't believe mine looked like that.

BTW I've been taking a break from pc gaming for a while, so I won't contribute much to the discussion, but I'll keep following here. 

Edited by puje

18 minutes ago, puje said:

That little band around the barets, it that intentional? I don't believe mine looked like that.

BTW I've been taking a break from pc gaming for a while, so I won't contribute much to the discussion, but I'll keep following here. 

The berets are the same, just random variation... I should probably change that.

I was planning on having a week or two away from SE Asia once the open beta was released however that plan quickly went out of the window & I've already started working on more conversions...

gJeZy7r.png

azcJimn.png

uDLyIxG.png

4Mrb7p3.png

Edited by 37mm

1 hour ago, ebphoto said:

The terrain in this is absolutely fantastic looking! Just blows my mind what you guys can do!

I'm pretty happy with how the first scenario conversion for 0.97 is looking...

... i'll leave the in depth playtesting for the beta testers.

Halfway through the second mission of the 'Year of the Rat'-campaign. I am, simply put, amazed by the quality and scale of what you guys have put out. Thank you all very much. I hope you had fun making all this stuff for us. I know I'll have fun playing with it.

Working on a VC People's Militia campaign...

Which will also include an assassination scenario, our "Hit team" of spies & lightly armed men...

43vWx0W.png

...... their targets, a hated LDF Commander & his chief bodyguard...

CLqM2a3.png

"Oppress this!"

pBZxtHY.png

Edited by 37mm

7 minutes ago, HowMuchForYou? said:

Hey man! Great mod and Im sure this has been mentioned before but my Marine units look like modern day Marines with modern weapons. The only difference is they're green. Did I mess up my installation or theres just no Marine skin at the moment?

As per the manual, the modern Western units have not been changed other than by retexturing them for the SE Asia setting. The Open Beta has nine, simple, conversion scenarios to help showcase some of these changes.

However, the focus of Heaven & Earth will always be the "Bong-Hai Civil War" era which is a red vs red setting... both campaigns & eleven, more complex, conversion scenarios are centered on this fictional 1960's-70's conflict.

8 minutes ago, 37mm said:

As per the manual, the modern Western units have not been changed other than by retexturing them for the SE Asia setting. The Open Beta has nine, simple, conversion scenarios to help showcase some of these changes.

However, the focus of Heaven & Earth will always be the "Bong-Hai Civil War" era which is a red vs red setting... both campaigns & eleven, more complex, conversion scenarios are centered on this fictional 1960's-70's conflict.

Copy that. I didnt even think about checking the manual until now.

Although most of the People's Militia campaign will take place over the course of several years, the final battles will all take place within the span of a few days during a great battle dubbed "Operation Isandlwana".

9f6eSf4.png

NNe5zXh.png

3qFiNUU.png

6 hours ago, Aquila-SmartWargames said:

I am currently still busy with the Year of the Rat campaign but excited to see that the upcoming campaign is going along well. H&E is an amazing experience.

I can't promise anything as exquisite as what @puje & @Sgt.Squarehead managed to create but I do seem to be, slowly but surely, picking up a few tricks here & there...

Our small team seems to be getting hampered, like pretty much everything else, by recent crises... so I'll again call for anyone interested in helping out the team (mostly with content creation at this stage) to send me a PM.

A year ago I'd never made a mod or a map or a scenario, so even "Cherries" are welcome in Bong-Hai.

I do also have a bunch of modding tasks on my "to do" list, including...

• M60 MG for PKM.
  • Fabric covered US Helmet model for Imperials.
  • New Heavy Urban backgrounds for [Ikke] tag.
  • Period appropriate aircraft silhouettes for the [rvnaf] tag.
  • Modern Bong-Hai soldier portratits.

So, if anybody wants to have a go at any of those, that would also be greatly appreciated.

Edited by 37mm