Heaven & Earth: Project discussion thread

1 hour ago, Aquila-CM said:

@37mm The screenshots you´ve posted here on 20/21th December, were you using a specific Reshade profile there?

I'll just post it here...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar0-nWIeMPIA2H92xQF65S8BrDMd?e=FAVkQe

Normally, I use the greenzone.ini for H&E... the screenshots that caught your interest used the screenshots.ini.

I'm in two minds about the slightly blue "multi.lut" effect.

My last two "Tidbits" have both used the screenshot.ini but with the "milti.lut" switched off...

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update.

The team is continuing to mostly be working on playable content... ironing out bugs, playtesting scenarios, I've mostly been writing briefings, that kind of thing.

I've also converted yet another older map/scenario.

This time it's Hakhani Assault by @Stagler which gets the H&E treatment...

AVRa8pM.png

rZlhXgl.png

Mbvzowh.png

LKYg07w.png

1 hour ago, Combatintman said:

Buddha and the núi surely? 😉

I think its uninspired working title is The spirits and the Mountain... I'm hoping a future flash of inspiration will change that.

Edited by 37mm

Oh I also sorted out a new weapon for the Modern/Aftermath era...

QJ4m9Od.png

... which makes our M79 a "Bong-Hai Civil War" era weapon only.

Which reminds me, @Mord I don't suppose we could trouble you for a few more silhouettes?

Edited by 37mm

On 21/01/2020 at 17:17, Erwin said:

excellent movie
Schoendoerffern also carried out an excellent report or it follows a US platoon during the second war of Vietnam, the lieutenant Anderson one of the 1st officer of color lcome from West Point

I thought you might approve, it's a (slightly cheaty) screenshot from 'Invasion'.....All very experimental at the moment, basically it's a variant of the Delta map, with a military base & maximum security prison located in the central 'for scenario designer use' area. 

You can probably figure the rest out already.  ;)

It'll be quite a long one, I'm aiming for three hours or more, broken into several distinct phases.....Initially the Scout/Sniper & Recon Platoons will be prowling about attempting to make contact with the Wai-Bong resistance (who can be very useful as they are Combatants and the population density is medium).  :ph34r:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Update

All but one of my various "Bong-Hai Civil War" era scenario conversions* now have briefings, designer notes, landmarks etc

However, I still need to finish the very last massive conversion for the 0.96 "open beta" release (so much roof clicking).

Even so, we're still hoping to be releasing weeks, not months, from now.

In the meantime all I have is "Tidbits", here's one from last week...

*Eighteen in total, seven of which are slated for use in a Campaign... there are also nine, far simpler, Modern/Aftermath era conversions. When combined with the 15 scenario campaign from @puje & contributions of @Combatintman & @Sgt.Squarehead that should be at least 45 scenarios worth of content for you to chew through.

2 hours ago, 37mm said:

*Eighteen in total, seven of which are slated for use in a Campaign... there are also nine, far simpler, Modern/Aftermath era conversions. When combined with the 15 scenario campaign from @puje & contributions of @Combatintman & @Sgt.Squarehead that should be at least 45 scenarios worth of content for you to chew through.

+1.  Very cool. 

8 hours ago, 37mm said:

I am wheels up from Kabul tomorrow so should be in the scenario editor with a vengeance on Monday.

On 2/1/2020 at 11:30 PM, Tony12w09 said:

Hi, Is this mod ready for download somewhere?

Soon enough.

'Al Amarah' is looking a bit different these days...

Ea9srBu.png

AlpQuDm.png

hupHp7K.png

... still a long way to go but at least I've finished 'clicking all the roofs' north of the river.

Edited by 37mm

6 hours ago, 37mm said:

... still a long way to go but at least I've finished 'clicking all the roofs' north of the river.

Oh it's a nightmare! 😀 Like 15 clicks to make ONE f... roof. I really wish you could hold CTRL + 1-9 and click to set roof to #1. 

Okay the final conversion is now complete (or at least complete enough for beta testing). A 'Thunder Run' to relieve the besieged Imperial Garrison at 'Comique House'...

ZX5Vkst.png

mDSILcL.png

x1YZQNN.png

XmR6Tsb.png

33sPiif.png

grDzMd5.png

... just have to write a basic campaign script, update the manual & fix a few minor mod issues, then we should be good to go.

Edited by 37mm

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Wow.  Really looks like a completely new game.  All the things that for over a decade we were told were impossible: boats, helicopters etc.  You guys are amazing.

I've not done much with the helicopter landings actually... although that's probably a good thing as I only recently came up with some practical ideas on how they could actually be implemented.

There is a concept [hotlz] tag as part of 0.96... but any full implementation will likely be a 1.0 thing.

Either way, here's the usual "tidbit"...