Heaven & Earth: Project discussion thread

2 hours ago, Aquila-CM said:

Where can I find the British woodland skin?

Hi Aquila-CM this is the thread talking about British uniforms woodland, but I dont find the mod (if there is already one ???)

I know something about USA but not about  British, see also CMMODs III... any help will be welcome !!

The improved version of a previous placeholder uniform currently comprises several parts...

• The stock CMSF2 Woodland DPM gear textures from the British (& Dutch) forces.
  • The Helmet, and a weapons texture, from the original CMSF Woodland DPM Brit mod.
  • A recoloured version of the Woodland camo from @mjkerner's USMC mod.

I'm hoping to release 0.93 of H&E this weekend... even though I'm quite a bit behind where I hoped I'd be (work & real life are not playing ball).

• 2 weeks later...

After reviewing the comments; here are the ones that are moving to the top. Colors seemed to be the main issue - with many asking for blue and white. I am also including patches to see how the designs can play out in the interface. 

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR BETTER RESOLUTION

Thoughts?

FlagPatchPres2.jpg

Edited by xacto

Although the Vietnam-esque "Bong-Hai Civil War" will still remain the focus of Heaven & Earth, the recent decision to go the 'full conversion' route means that everyone with Shock Force 2 will be able to play (providing you can put up with a few placeholders here & there)...

In the modern era, most of our Jeeps will be  phased out & the Technicals will return...

1tPMT5e.png

I am absolutely awestruck by this Mod.  Congrats to all involved in it. I love the Vietnamese peasant hats, we must have them!

The boats are great - all credit to CMAquila's innovations.

The effort you have all gone to is awesome.  I am preparing to put The Doors, Jimi, and Feel Like I'm Fixing to Die, and Gotta Get Outta this Place on a custom soundtrack, plus I shall shout  "Charlie Don't Surf!"  and "Ain't no horse in this whole goddamned country, that's broken, man!"  "Too bad for Handjob!" and suchlike. 

Do you have a release date?  I'm regret to put this on you but I am excited!

On 10/30/2019 at 9:59 PM, JulianJ said:

Do you have a release date?  I'm regret to put this on you but I am excited!

The expansion of the mod from our initial vision of a, relatively simple, Red vs Red Conversion into a larger multi-tagged & multi-environment ("Delta to the DMZ") modpack whilst adopting the new 3d modelling techniques of @Aquila-CM &, now, going the 'full conversion' route has unfortunately meant an unavoidable delay in getting Heaven & Earth out to the community.

However, we're hoping to have some kind of "open beta" released as soon as possible along with two, possibly three, campaigns and perhaps a dozen scenarios ("before Christmas" is the deadline floating around in my head).

The good news is that, now that we've gone the "full conversion" route, the modpack will be a lot more flexible.

I loaded up the old CMSF1 scenario "Dagger Fight" the other night and I spent a few minutes adding a few palm trees, a few light forest tiles & changing the crops a bit. I then gave the US Army a spin...

5 hours ago, ViperAssassin26 said:

what sound mod are you using? 

The quick answer would be "all of them".

The more detailed answer is I've been creating a new sound mod/mix/compilation (dubbed the "ME soundscape") for quite awhile & it'll be a part of the H&E modpack.

You can hear it evolving during all the H&E teaser videos (as well as on @Aquila-CM's H&E playthrough)... I also used it extensively during some recent CMA videos (it should be compatible with all the modern games).

Edited by 37mm

Progress on Ap Bac ...

Scenario Image:

636878459_ScenarioImage.jpg.c6d9768b3e5e9cc044355f6a5d0cde7c.jpg

Strategic Map:

744568267_StrategicMap.jpg.54e69f2a6d6be3f235a6c37ec6bf7094.jpg

Topo Map compared to CM screenshot:

2069271121_MapComparison.thumb.jpg.a6ee65efaebaa1b85af36ddc1cd8e9a2.jpg

Working title for the scenario is 'A miserable damn performance', which was Lieutenant Colonel John Paul Vann's (7 ARVN Division US advisor) judgement on the battle.

Overall the scenario is a whopper, two and half hours long, the map is 2000m x 3008m (I've basically half-scaled the map dimensions to fit it all in); however, I've worked hard to get the troop numbers pretty close to the actual thing.

14 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Progress on Ap Bac ...

Working title for the scenario is 'A miserable damn performance', which was Lieutenant Colonel John Paul Vann's (7 ARVN Division US advisor) judgement on the battle.  

Interesting.  This RL battle even featured the ARVN 8th Airborne Battalion jumping into the battle.  Not sure that this would be practical for the scenario but it's an interesting factoid.  Also an ARVN mechanized unit was reluctant to cross the terrain to engage the OpFor for fear of bogging their M113s.  Looking at your maps above I can understand their concern :D.    

Edited by MOS:96B2P

58 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Interesting.  This RL battle even featured the ARVN 8th Airborne Battalion jumping into the battle.  Not sure that this would be practical for the scenario but it's an interesting factoid.  Also an ARVN mechanized unit was reluctant to cross the terrain to engage the OpFor for fear of bogging their M113s.  Looking at your maps above I can understand their concern :D.    

You'll get both mate.

24 minutes ago, BarendJanNL said:

The Canadians really look cool in their Cadpat uniforms with their vehicles. Are there also plans to do something like that with the Dutch? To implement the Netherlands Fractal Pattern or something like that?

The Dutch were using DPM back in 2008, so I'm okay with them using a slight variation of the British Placeholder uniform seen above.

It should be noted that I have little real skill with texture mods, so these 'Placeholders' are likely what you're going to be using for quite some time.

I will be having a go at giving the Germans Flecktarn...

vh2Tjnb.png