Jump to content
37mm

Heaven & Earth: Project discussion thread

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Attacking with the rising sun behind them.....Very classy.  B)

 

3 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

+1.  Nice.  The Asian voices really add to the immersion.   

Thanks guys, what did you think of the new AK & HMG sounds?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 37mm said:

Thanks guys, what did you think of the new AK & HMG sounds?

Sounds good.  In totality the mods are like another CM game.  Combat Mission Southeast Asia (CMSA).  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really postcard quality right now (too many more things to add), but I felt the need to post a WIP picture of the delta:

RwIK3ml.jpg

Be honest.....You really couldn't mistake that for Syria, could you?  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yup those are definitely M113s (admittedly closer to the A2 or A3 variant, but that's just me being a Trackhead about it).  B)

Would it be possible to close or reshape the hatch on the rear hull deck?

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Yup those are definitely M113s (admittedly closer to the A2 or A3 variant, but that's just me being a Trackhead about it).  B)

Would it be possible to close or reshape the hatch on the rear hull deck?

It's just a test concept vehicle... it is by no means the finished version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe so, but you'd need @37mm to confirm.  B)

1 hour ago, 37mm said:

It's just a test concept vehicle... it is by no means the finished version.

Dude, it's an M113.....I easily can live with some extra fuel tanks & stuff!  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IanL said:

Is it a working APC?

As per the @sburke inspired concept, the underlying vehicle is a BTR-60 & is a working APC.

That part of the test worked well... there were probably issues with hatches & stuff but they are really low on my list of priorities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 37mm said:

As per the @sburke inspired concept, the underlying vehicle is a BTR-60 & is a working APC.

That part of the test worked well... there were probably issues with hatches & stuff but they are really low on my list of priorities.

Hey if guys can get in and be driven around and the vehicle can shoot an MG then hatches and stuff are just gravy. Cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funnily enough, @MOS:96B2P made this for me (for use in my 'late-period' stuff, it will go on the wall of a cinema):

u0Dc5NFh.png

We do have a working (armed) boat, but sadly it's not a 'Pibber'.....Yet.  ;)

TBH 'riverine' maps will need some very special treatment.....@37mm  Did you have any results with the 'scuba-wire' experiment?  :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the map (and the other mods) are looking increasingly brilliant.  Well done!  

PS:  Maybe a sign on the beach: "Apocalypse Now - Coming Soon To A Jungle Near You ".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks guys... although I feel a little guilty as I should have been playing around with blender last night rather than playing with @MOS:96B2P's Consulate evacuation map (I'm pretty certain that'll be getting the H&E conversion treatment).

However, I did realise I wasn't as happy with the armour portraits as I thought I was.

@Mord I don't suppose you could help us out with an Asian tankman as well?

Edited by 37mm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, 37mm said:

Thanks guys... although I feel a little guilty as I should have been playing around with blender last night rather than playing with @MOS:96B2P's Consulate evacuation map (I'm pretty certain that'll be getting the H&E conversion treatment).

Valuable project research IMHO.....I have to load up one of the other games every now and then to avert 'Delta Fever';)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...