Heaven & Earth: Project discussion thread

3 hours ago, domfluff said:

Nope. Tests were on maximum density, but I don't know why this would be any different on lower levels.

Missed that bit, sorry.....It's odd though because right now I'm testing stuff that uses a mixture of Combatants & Fighters, both seem equally difficult to spot.

No worries.....Unless they have a post-graduate degree in Bong-Hai Social & Military Studies from the University of Ikke-Phtang they'll be wrong every time!  :P

@37mm is performing herculean tasks behind the scenes, pulling the mods together so that we have a consistent set to work with, he's done some really cool things (my personal favourite being sloped roof types that work properly).

I'm mostly making maps & scenarios, including a fairly sizeable map of 'The Delta' for @puje to use in a mini-campaign (if he so chooses) and we have @MOS:96B2P on board testing stuff and watching my back in the AI section of the editor.

All in all we're a happy little gang and we've already got quite a lot done.....When the mod is released it should come with several purpose made maps & scenarios, possibly even a couple of short campaigns, plus all the tools necessary to build Asian scenarios of your own. 

It's pretty comprehensive too, all the sound files are new, so are all the splash screens.  In game all Arabic names are replaced with Vietnamese automatically, the Arabic voices are replaced with Asian ones, we even have Red forward observers who talk!  B)

5 hours ago, Erwin said:

For average gamer purposes that looks amazing.  Hope the historical accuracy grogs don't put you off.

The mod package is for scenarios set in a fictional country.

Either way, here's another look at what we've come up with so far...

There is certainly room for tank on tank battles. There weren't many for the US vs NVA but there definitely enough to make more than a few scenarios over the course of the entire war such as Ben Het. For the ARVN vs NVA armour, lots of mixed tank on tank. Just need some PT76 and M48 to add to the mix.

AFAIK for US vs NVA tank engagements Ben Hut was it, but there were plenty later between the ARVN & the NVA. 

Sadly we can't model any of the ARVN tanks, so we'll just have to make the best of what we have.....While it's not truly Vietnam, it still looks & feels distinctly different to any other CM title right now, the base terrain mods could be used for any number of conflicts in the wider area.

37 minutes ago, Panthera283 said:

where do you get the jungle map and m16a1 on Syrian troops? , They look like american now except for vietnamese voices :) , very good work , really look like vietnam war now

The m16a1 is from CM: Afghanistan, @Sgt.Squarehead is making the amazing maps (I'm just using portions of them for these videos).

As for the download?

I'm hoping it won't be long before Heaven & Earth can enter a beta testing phase.