Patch 4.0: Bug Fallschirmjäger

Hello,

I don't know, if this is reported:

German Fallschirmjäger, motorized battalion: In quickbattle some units (for example the battalion command, but other squads too) are using the regular LW-field-division models and textures.

I think in the scenario-editor everything is fine.

Greetings, alex

@ Waffelmann ...Not a Bug.  The attached pics are from my copy of the game.  I'd be interested to see pic from your QB LW TOE.  It might be you have a corrupted install or use of fan made alterations in the game have created this art problem.  Or perhaps my pics and yours don't match due to date/month.  I used June 1944 for my pics.

Scen Editor TOE.jpg

QB TOE LW Batt CO.jpg

QB LW All.jpg

@Sgt.Squarehead Thanks for the tip, but I think we can solve it without pictures!

@MarkEzra I looked at my specifications at the quick-battle and I think the important detail is the branche: Luftwaffe, Gepanzerte Infantrie (Armoured Infantry (or Armored???))

My hyphothese is, because the Luftwaffe have not really armoured infantry it produces some strange effects (tested with no mods installed),

Try Quickbattle, e.g. holland, september 44, luftwaffe, armoured infantry, manual force selection, and chose then parachute battalion motorized -> don't choose Parachutes as Branche!!!

Greetings, alex

16 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

@Sgt.Squarehead Thanks for the tip, but I think we can solve it without pictures!

@MarkEzra I looked at my specifications at the quick-battle and I think the important detail is the branche: Luftwaffe, Gepanzerte Infantrie (Armoured Infantry (or Armored???))

My hyphothese is, because the Luftwaffe have not really armoured infantry it produces some strange effects (tested with no mods installed),

Try Quickbattle, e.g. holland, september 44, luftwaffe, armoured infantry, manual force selection, and chose then parachute battalion motorized -> don't choose Parachutes as Branche!!!

Greetings, alex

will do... thanks

I am not a TOE uniform expert, too (;-)), but I think, if I chose a parachute battalion (in the quick battle menu), then there sould be a unit which look like as paratroopers (especially if they have the organisation of a parachute unit (inclusive FG42))!

But as said: I am not an expert too. If this is intentionally in this way, then it is ok for me.

Hmmm....I think I express me too confused.

You chose in the quick battle menu Luftwaffe and arm. Infantry -> this would be regular LW-Field-Divisions

BUT:

in the Troop-editor of the Quick-Battle there are only a parachute-battalion.

These will have then a mixed appearance.

So:

In the branches regular troops

in the editor airborne

Greetings, Alex

Okay, I see the issue, but I'm not sure it is avoidable due to how the code for uniforms works.  The FJ motorized battalion and the FJ Panzer Aufklärung Battalion are both motorized rather than true airborne formations, but they did wear full FJ uniform and equipment.  This all works properly in the full scenario editor, but at some point it was decided that even though these are airborne division / corps assets, they should not be in the "Airborne Infantry" QB section in fully motorized form for balance reasons.  As such, the QB Airborne Infantry section has dismounted versions of both formations (which have correct uniform / helmets) and the QB Armored Infantry section has the intact, fully-motorized formations.  Unfortunately, uniforms are not set by the formation, but by the "branch," so this placement under Armored Infantry leads to change in appearance although the formations are functionally the same.  However, I think the premise of removing them from Airborne Infantry because they have vehicles needs to be revisited, as it causes problems like this and is not implemented consistently.

Looking into this, also found some Brit Airborne formations missing entirely, so will try to get that addressed also.

Edited by akd