Mortar Carrier

No, it is as in real life. The 120 is used in be vehicle, if they dismount they take a handy 60mm mortar they have with them and leave the 120 in the vehicle. I am pretty sure this has come up before. I have a vague recollection that there is more twists to this as well. Something is different between two formations or two levels in the formation. I forgot the details but it also feels wrong and is also just like real life.  :)

Actually, that's not quite right - the Battalion mortar squad has the 81mm when dismounted, and the Company mortars have 60mm when dismounted. Both obviously have 120mm when mounted. Presumably that's entirely to do with intended engagement ranges/set up times, etc.

3 hours ago, IanL said:

No, it is as in real life. The 120 is used in be vehicle, if they dismount they take a handy 60mm mortar they have with them and leave the 120 in the vehicle.

Yeah, I got it.

I remember seeing that somewhere, but this is the first time I've used to mortars so extensively I am noticing it for the first time. I plumb just ran out of 120mm, and now I have some 60mm to play with too.

Pretty nice.