A delaying action limbered gun not attached to transport

On 5/11/2019 at 4:40 AM, Dynaman216 said:

Just played "A Delaying Action" with the latest patch and when the AT gun comes on (US) it says it is limbered and is near the transport vehicle it arrives with but is not attached.  Am I misremembering that is was attached before?

IIRC, “limbered” means it is not “deployed”.

Currently in one of my games, I am „manually“ moving an AT, which has been „unhooked“ from it‘s transport in a save location and will have to “deploy”, when it is in place.

A lot of guns would actually have a limber between them and the towing vehicle, so I guess 'Limbered' should probably be thought of as ready to tow.

If the gun is in a setup zone you should be able to put it on tow in a suitable vehicle or fully deploy, it at your discretion.  If it's not in a setup zone the team will have to go through the process of boarding a vehicle, or deploying the gun, in the usual fashion once the game is underway.

If it's arriving as a reinforcement I suspect it should be on tow.....If this is a stand alone scenario, just open it in the editor, select 'Units', then 'Deploy Allied'.  This will take you into 3d preview mode showing only the Allied units, find your gun and pop it in the vehicle. 

Exit 3d mode to the main editor (wherever you leave the camera looking is what you will see when you first start the scenario as Allied, so I always try to point it somewhere scenic), save the scenario (with a revised name if you prefer) and that's the job done.

If it's part of a campaign, the original designer will have to do it, unless you are prepared to decompile & recompile the whole thing.