Halt! Hammerzeit Battle and Map

I've just started this battle and the map is simply amazing!  The map author was not mentioned in the briefing.  It took me a while to start the battle because I was just enjoying how well done the map was.  Credit is really due him for such an amazing work of art.

The battle itself is pretty slick too.  There are several different options on how to proceed, and scouting is actually playing an important part as well.  I'm sure I will be challenged by this battle.

I just wanted to thank the map author and also mention just how immersive and enjoyable this battle is.

Heinrich505

Nope, he'd already made 'Halt! Hammerzeit!'  for CM:SF1 back at around the time of the NATO pack (I think it was a stock scenario then too).  ;)

The one I linked to above is the original, re-made for CM:SF2.....You are the Americans (& IMHO, it's a touch easier):

SrdNF5M.jpg

Very highly recommended.  B)

PS - A certain person started making a Red vs Red version called "Shield of Allah", but then he got very, very distracted.....:unsure:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Cheers guys for the kudos. 

Glad you enjoying it @Heinrich505 I git carried away redoing that map in CMSF2 and took way longer doing it than planned. Then I got started on the AI plans...

Hammertime is the original of this and was first done in CMSF1. 

Be interested how Hammerzeit plays out? I think this is tougher as the German kit is not as robust as the US. M1s and Bradley’s. 

Thanks again for the extremely positive feedback. Truly appreciated thank you.

Cheery! 

@General Jack Ripper and I played Halt Hammerzeit a few years ago in SF1. I was the Syrians and Jack was the Germans. It was a really fun scenario to play through. I haven't tried it yet now that it's been revamped for SF2, but I did take a look at the map in the editor and it looks like a whole new beast. Hopefully soon I'll get a chance to take it out for another spin. More excellent work George!