16:51 enemy position now vulnerable

vemvtIE.jpg

16:00 detached to continue bounding flanking maneuver which Panic them

c1Ljxhl.jpg

15:59 they recover to a Cautious state

WWz5LyO.jpg

15:02 the other team involved in the split will stay Rattled

V0ENb4h.jpg

Really enjoyed working this problem out and seeing it resolve as expected. I thank @Josey Wales post on soft factors and the many responses from others it solicited. This community has the benefit of excellent contributors.

The squad showcased above is Green and split into teams in order to flank the right in a series bounding moves with some element providing over watch. They were out of contact with their PL yet managed to complete their task. I moved an element so that both would recombine. Once recovered, I split them again and couldn't shake the rattled state (consistent with expectation) from one team while the other two teams were able to act as cautious).

Edited by Howler

@Howler thanks, this is a good example of one of those times when having squads or sections split all the time may not be the most beneficial setup for the situation.

By recombining the 2 detachments you averaged out their morale states which allowed the unit to stay in the fight and prevent this flank from failing.