Combat Mission AAR: MSR Titan

One way you could make this scenario dramatically more challenging for the Blue player would be to cut the time in half, add a Blue exit zone and mark the entire Blue force as a Red destroy objective.....This would force the Blue player to perform a less than ideal (but still perfectly feasible with the extremely strong forces at hand) 'Thunder Run' down the highway.   Blue's losses would probably be slightly higher and mobility kills would count for more, which they probably should.

Just a thought.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

2 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

Good question. I think given the overall theme of the scenario, the appropriate thing to do is to give OpFor the TURMS-T for the ammo. 

Sounds good.

During an attack, yes they would dynamically cooperate. If possible you never want to inhibit your own momentum during an attack.

That makes sense. Don't help your enemy.

My main mistake was not doing a good job of keeping individual platoons together. IRL they would have not gotten so jumbled together because platoon leaders would constantly be maintaining unit cohesion. Whereas in CM the player is every leader at every level, some things tend to fall between the cracks. 

Gotcha makes perfect sense. Players have a lot of hats to wear.

No worries! I think I wasn't very clear of what I meant by "doing everything right given the circumstances." 

Sounds reasonable

If I was forced to do it differently, the only thing I can think of would be to hold my infantry back for much longer and just carried out the advance with the tanks. However at a certain point that violates another well known tactical principle, which is that armor should never operate completely unsupported.

Good thoughts.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for this great AAR @IICptMillerII .  I really enjoyed it.

Sadly I am a grammar Nazi (though no other kind of Nazi):

Plurals do not have apostrophes.

eg:  two Bradleys advanced  = plural

a Bradley's infantry dismounted and moved onto the berm  = possessive.

Take no notice of the forum grammar/spellchecker - it is fked. 

Also, it would be good if you used a more spaced out font for the captions to the pix, as other people have said.

I know I shouldn't but I seethed when I saw all these wrongful apostrophes.  Please do not be offended, as I do not wish to cause any annoyance: it's just me. 😞

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...