Patch downloads.

Hi all.

I have tried downloading the patches for CMFI  and CMBN, which seem to download ok.

However when i try to open the files, i get this error notification for both games;

" Adobe reader could not open CMFI Windows v201 patch (1).rar because it is iether not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged, (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

Anyone got any ideas? Tia.

You'll have your default for .rar files set to Adobe Reader, which they can't open.

You can change that to another program (I usually use 7zip), or reset it to the default.

On Windows 10, search for "Default", and it'll bring up "Default App Settings". 

Under "Default Apps", "Change Default Apps by File Type", you need to find .rar files on the left hand column and change this to something that can open them. 

Alternatively, right click on the file and "open with" to open this with something other than the default.

Thanks domfluff,

Think i may have cracked it!  Thank you for your prompt reply.😉.

As usual, the Battlefront Community is 2nd to none.

Edit. Have managed to download, do i need to then compress it to a zipped file then extract it? if so, where do i extract it to? Have tried numerous locations, both games still showing older versions.

Edited by chocice

2 hours ago, chocice said:

Edit. Have managed to download, do i need to then compress it to a zipped file then extract it? if so, where do i extract it to? Have tried numerous locations, both games still showing older versions.

You do not have to extract it to any game directories. Here is what you do:

1) Extract the patch .rar or .zip file to a new empty folder

2) Navigate to that folder and run the setup program

3) Let the install program do the work for you - just double check the install location - it tries to guess but if you used a non default location it can get this wrong. You want to point the installer to the folder where the game .exe files is located.

2 hours ago, IanL said:

You do not have to extract it to any game directories. Here is what you do:

1) Extract the patch .rar or .zip file to a new empty folder

2) Navigate to that folder and run the setup program

3) Let the install program do the work for you - just double check the install location - it tries to guess but if you used a non default location it can get this wrong. You want to point the installer to the folder where the game .exe files is located.

When you say "navigate" to that folder and run set up program, not quite sure what you mean. it doesn't give me an option to do any of that. 😕

Assuming Windows. Assuming you have File Explorer open to the location where the patch file resides.

1) Extract the patch .rar or .zip file to a new empty folder (select Unpack to "<foldername>", or create your own empty folder and unpack into that)

2) Navigate to that folder (you are in File Explorer and you just created a new folder at the location you are displaying, double click on it to "navigate" into that folder)

3) Double click on the setup program that is in that new folder. Follow the instructions in the dialog boxes that will appear