CMFI PBEM not working

yes, just ran one a few turns.  I'd doublecheck to be absolutely certain you both are at 2.01 and have the same modules etc.  If you do, then contact the helpdesk.

Can you run a pbem  just using your own machine?  Moving the files between outgoing and incoming folders?  Can your partner?

We're both at 2.01 and we've both tried running the PBEM on our own machines and it doesn't  work (Same error).

Both have the same modules and it was working fine before the patch.

A quick battle with the same settings works fine in single player

I get the same problem in a FI QB. Can start the same one (Map, settings) local but once my oppo tries to load his first save it crashes to desktop. Both are pathced and have the same modules.  We have played PBEM before in FI and it worked flawlessly.

Haven't tried any of the other games yet.

I doubt moving files seperately will help as CM Helper identifies the files and prompts that it is your turn. And the file turns up in the Saved Files to be loaded.

Update: Can't get BN to work either.

Edited by rocketman

2 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

Is it map specific or are all maps affected?

I've tried a couple of different maps and different forces. I've got a ticket open with the helpdesk so they are looking into it at the moment.

Oddly for CMRT it lets my opponent process the first file but then it crashes at 5% when they return it to me.

It does work for CMBN and CMFB

Edited by Doomed
Thought of something else

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:43 AM, rocketman said:

Update: Can't get BN to work either.

I have a CMBN pbem on it's 21st file turn with someone else who just patched up so it isn't uniform.  Has to be something specific.  Might be helpful if everyone who is having an issue post their machine specs.

Also post on the battle itself - is it generated from a QB or a scenario, if scenario is it stock or one created?

Edited by sburke

I'm progressing this with the help desk. It appears to be an issue with the QB Force Selection screen as if you let the computer choose forces it works fine. 

So in my case its a QB, PC to PC both with NVidia GTX970 video cards

I got a FB QB started that works. Note that my problem is only with new QB PBEM and not regular battles. Can play the exact same QB as single player without problems.

OK, some specs:

System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 1/15/2018, 20:07:59
             Machine name: MSI
               Machine Id: {92CC3FC2-1C4D-4073-A8CC-7F6965FDBED2}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)
                 Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
      System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
             System Model: GS70 6QE
                     BIOS: E1775IMS.111
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
                   Memory: 16384MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 16260MB RAM
                Page File: 6120MB used, 12572MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Display Devices
---------------
           Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
        Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
           Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
            DAC type: Internal
         Device Type: Full Device
          Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_191B&SUBSYS_11641462&REV_06
       Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] 
 Device Problem Code: No Problem
 Driver Problem Code: Unknown
      Display Memory: 8258 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
       Shared Memory: 8130 MB
        Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
        Manufacturer: NVIDIA
           Chip type: GeForce GTX 970M
            DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Type: Render-Only Device

So this appears to possibly be an issue with 'Human Player' unit selection. Does this happen if either or both are selected for Human Player selection or will just one side with this selection do it ? This sounds like a bug that had been quashed a couple of patches/updates back with CMBN or CMFI (can't remember which had it).

I've done some brief experiments just moving files between my Outgoing and Incoming folders.

I chose the attacker in both cases as the originator of the game

Attacker Automatic, Defender Choice - crashes after password prompt for defender

Attacker Choice Defender Automatic - defender enters password and generates new file. Attacker crashes at 5% loading

On 5/8/2019 at 4:28 AM, Doomed said:

Similar problem now with CMRT - CMFB and CMBN working OK

We have confirmed that it is an issue with CMFI, CMBN and CMRT when a QB PBEM us created where Human unit selection is chosen. Automatic selection and solo play are not affected.