hummm patche 4, I need your opinion

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Is it always an explosion that triggers this or does small arms fire do it too?

If it is only explosions, what side of the hedge are they actually taking place and do the units affected have LOS to the gun (or whatever caused the explosion)?  Could they be fleeing an unknown and unexpected explosion in their vicinity by what they perceive as the most direct route?  :unsure:

Just a thought. 

on 4.01, explosion or small arms fire causes the leak
with 4.02 light weapon fire seems less involved but at least once it is produced (HMG shot)
the explosions its place on the opposite side where is the squad the team then crosses the hedge towards the explosion !!!
since the beginning of this thread, I am surprised by the questions because for me it does not happen from time to time but systematically, if I do 10 times the experienc 10 times it happens, it is systematic, that's why that I say it is unplayable.

I remember when I first tested "Roadblock" in 4.01 it took me about 14 or 15 goes before the hedge gap rush problem reared it's head. Sadly, when I attempted the Montebourg campaign it manifested itself fairly quickly. I will give 4.02 a whirl but from what I've read so far, I'm not holding my breath.

27 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I remember when I first tested "Roadblock" in 4.01 it took me about 14 or 15 goes before the hedge gap rush problem reared it's head. Sadly, when I attempted the Montebourg campaign it manifested itself fairly quickly. I will give 4.02 a whirl but from what I've read so far, I'm not holding my breath.

If I do precisely the above, it happens almost every time.

Put another way, I've recreated that three times now, and it's done the same thing each time. I have some video footage if needed, but it's pretty clear from the screenshots I think.

Again, I think they're running to "nearest cover", or trying to.

Edited by domfluff

haven´t tested this particular behavior (bocage gap) yet, but it somehow dawned on me that older maps (pre V3 - ) might have problems when played on with newer executable patches maybe. I´ve a really old urban test map I created in 2012 and I more and more have the impression that any more recent patches cause weird things to happen on it. So I´d be interested if the same issues happen on just "old" maps or freshly created ones too? :unsure:

On 6/15/2019 at 1:54 AM, PIATpunk said:

also seeing same behaviour as 4.01  - I started a fresh Scottish corridor campaign with 4.02 and within 4 turns the German outposts are running towards my positions... (see western edge of map for behaviour)  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gta5hjdn9abpofk/The Scottish Corridor 003.bts?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb6a5awjxpwwuhg/The Scottish Corridor 004.bts?dl=0

Seen repeatedly the forward death rush on this save file happening for both sides when continuing to play through this campaign save for a few turns (Mac v4.02).

I realized 2 tests in 4.02
the first by adding a bomb hole to force the squad to find refuge,

failure

190616065628275680.jpg

the second by removing the flax in the field and replacing it with short grass,

failure (the squad move after being shot by the HMG)

190616070114776356.jpg

I deduce that this is not a response from the search for coverage !!!

I've just complete five tests of "Roadblock"  I had three "Stand and fights" and two "gap charges". So to my way of thinking 4.02 has made things worse in that regard, and sadly I don't see any point in embarking on another campaign at the moment. 

Just as an aside. Something I've not noticed in the past, my troops saying different things from one replay to the next. The shout before the gap charge in the first viewing "Shift position", rewind the action and watch again and the shout is "Retreat", watch a third time and I hear "Forward men".

4 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Just as an aside. Something I've not noticed in the past, my troops saying different things from one replay to the next.

Correct. The sayings and casualty sounds are random at play back not random at event calculation. Sometimes it feels kinda weird watching an even multiple times and hearing different voice sounds.

Here are 10 tests done one after another on Roadblock in 4.02
10 times there was "gap charges"
the game starts at 45 minutes, the troops arrives at the hedgerow at 43 minutes
3 times the "gap charges" took place from the 1st minute !!
I let you look at the pictures and the time or the leak took place.
there  or the troop has resisted longer, corresponding to the random or the attichar gun is located near the crossroads, so it is under the firing of light weapon that the leak took place and the delay is longer

you can see the systematic aspect of the problem that makes the game unplayable
even if I'm happy with 4.00, keeping it behind keeps me from discovering new maps and scenarios. it is rather disabling especially as I am also part of those who fixed the update of the graphics card to December 2017 to prevent the game from crashing after about forty minutes.

at 42 minutes !

190621123947623815.jpg

at 24 minutes !

19062112394886773.jpg

at 25 minutes

190621123952973351.jpg

at 36 minutes

190621123953561787.jpg

at 38 minutes

190621123958663794.jpg

at 39 minutes

190621124001785817.jpg

at 42 minutes

190621124003871463.jpg

at 36 minutes

190621124005720950.jpg

at 42 minutes

190621124009429009.jpg

at 28 minutes

190621124014643811.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I've been under small arms fire a small number of times. I never got up to run in any direction, or even crawled to better cover  - I just tried to press my body as deep into the ground as it could go, eyes closed and whimpering to myself, 'God, God, God.' I wasn't special forces or SWAT; just a basic infantry soldier. Might be better if the game sprites just froze in place like me; 'suppressed', as the old infantry tactics manual describes it.

@RedmarkusI think in Engine 2 and engine 3? of the game that is pretty much what happened when teams/squads were under fire behind hedgerows etc. And they would pretty much get close to been wiped out before running backwards. So I am confident that battlefront will come up with a solution with the current bug

On 7/19/2019 at 2:20 AM, weta_nz said:

@RedmarkusI think in Engine 2 and engine 3? of the game that is pretty much what happened when teams/squads were under fire behind hedgerows etc. And they would pretty much get close to been wiped out before running backwards. So I am confident that battlefront will come up with a solution with the current bug

Yes it was. I'm sure they'll fix it too, assuming it's a bug and not a design choice.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, highlandcharge said:

I know this is an old thread and BF are working hard to fix the suicidal evade bug, but I'm wondering if anybody has seen it in RT or FI?

Thanks in advance 😎

According to BF, that issue now only exists in CMBN due to some conflict between a certain type of bocage and the retreat logic code.  Since none of the other CMx2 titles have bocage then it should not be seen in those other games.

Currently playing a CMFI scenario and have so far not seen it. 

• 2 weeks later...