Modern weapons backblast question

I was going to position a Kornet inside a building, but didn't for fear of backblast and the crew got a pasting.

Which modern weapons (CMBS, SF2) aside from the Javelin can be fired from inside a building in the game? (as opposed to RL).  It would be nice to have a quick list. I looked through the manual but couldn't find out. What happens if you do? Do your men become casualties or get suppressed?

Your men get suppressed, they won't take casualties.

Obviously if you've just given your position away and suppressed yourself, you may not be long for this world.

RPG-7s can fire indoors, as can AT-4s and RP-O.  , AT-7/13 and AT-14.

I believe the SPG-9, RPG-22, AT-3 and AT-4 can't.

That should be a start.

8 minutes ago, domfluff said:

Your men get suppressed, they won't take casualties.

Typically correct but you can take causalities too. I had a shreck team in one of those small barns like sheds in CMRT that lost a team member from firing. I spent a lot of replays to verify that no other fire was happening. What i haven't done is run tests to see how common that actually is.

On 5/5/2019 at 8:14 AM, RepsolCBR said:

Do CMBS include the AT4-CS(confined space)...?  i don't remember...

This weapon should be usable form inside buildings without any suppresion or casualties...The standard AT4...not so much

Yes in CMBS; CMSF/II not explicitly so, but perhaps it is given a lot of leeway.  Might need to look at that if there is zero suppression.  

But there are all sorts of guidelines for utililizing earlier non-CS munitions from buildings, so it is never simply yes / no.

Edited by akd

Have seen tubed weapons as big as 106 mm RR and Russian AT-4 or AT-5 ATGMs fired from inside a building. The RR shot was absolutely spectacular in that it flattened people and threw, well, everything on the floor into the air and doubtless left those in the area with the conclusion it wasn't their best idea, but I've seen SPG-9 (fires same projectiles as RPG-7) and 82 mm RR fired from buildings with little in the way of problems. The key seems to lie in the overall environment of the firing, with shots made from war ruined concrete skyscrapers and such being straightforward absent a wall close behind the weapon. Houses and individual apartments not cleared out and perhaps wall holed are altogether dicier propositions. ATGMs offer far fewer problems than do RRs, because they all basically use only a weak charge to clear the tube, say, five meters, before primary ignition occurs. All this stuff is on various jihadi/anti-jihadi and similar videos.

Regards,

John Kettler