CMBN 4.0 Patch Has New QB Maps

CMBN 4.0 Patch Has New QB Maps.  They are easily identified by "2019" in the Map name.  I took a good run at the bocage maps and personally enjoyed the game play with them.  There are a few maps devoted to the Rhone Valley of Southern France. So river crossing and Hills. 

52 minutes ago, Kevin2k said:

These new QB maps are very welcome. Thanks!

I did notice a small imperfection: 24 QB maps are included in the 4.01 patch without a 2019 prefix, and these seem to be duplicates of some of the 60 QB maps with the 2019 prefix.

I assume they are from the earlier batch that I did and posted for testers.  Actually I did make a few changes besides the names but they shouldn't have been included.  Ah well, QB's and I are always a work in progress.

8 minutes ago, domfluff said:

Even if you never use them for Quick Battles, Quick Battle maps are also useful to throw together scenarios quickly.

Very true.  The AI is designed to have two variable timed groups for each VP Objective for Defend or Attack or Meeting Engagement. So if a Map has 3 Objectives the AI will Have 6 groups for each side.  Now the fun begins:  one AI Plan will always attack, defend, or meet with 2 groups per objective.  The other AI Plans DO NOT stick to that plan (although each VP Objective will have coverage). When the AI is in charge of the orders slots it does its best to fill all of them with SOMETHING but can't always be counted to do so.  At first blush this sounds bad, but often the AI will totally mess with the Human players mindset of what is or isn't an important objective.  Players should always consider the AI has it's own tactical goals irregardless of the Human Player. Just like war.  When the human controls the AI group orders (and pays attention to the movement, timing and placement settings) these QB Maps will give a good account for themselves.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:30 PM, MarkEzra said:

...  The AI is designed to have two variable timed groups for each VP Objective for Defend or Attack or Meeting Engagement. So if a Map has 3 Objectives the AI will Have 6 groups for each side.  Now the fun begins:  one AI Plan will always attack, defend, or meet with 2 groups per objective.  The other AI Plans DO NOT stick to that plan (although each VP Objective will have coverage). When the AI is in charge of the orders slots it does its best to fill all of them with SOMETHING but can't always be counted to do so....

Have a little trouble understanding your whole AI description. The bit quoted here is pretty clear though, and matches what I see playing my favorite QB map (Small Village 496 X 496 from Final Blitzkrieg). The AI is sometimes strong on the left flank, and other times it concentrates on the right flank. At first I tried to anticipate and expected the AI to repeat itself on the next try, but that did not work out of course :)  I am a fan of unscripted events in games, so well done Battlefront.