Advice re new monitors?

Have to be in UK for a while, so setting up new office.  Need to get new monitor. 

Consumer Reports recommends either Dell U2713H (27"  2560x1440) or Asus PQ 321Q (31.5"  3840x2160").

Anyone using one of these or recommending something else?

Also, since UK TV's are higher resolution  than most (non-4K) US TV's am wondering if simply using a 30"+ TV would work as a monitor giving resolution equivalent to the above monitors.  Anyone have experience of this?

Thanks...

Thanks for the responses.

I ended up getting an HP Z27n G2 27-Inch Display  (2560x1440)

I based my decision on factors like pixel pitch, consumer reviews (from a couple of sources) re reliability and color, warranty, and finally price. 

My travel laptop has a GTX 980M vidcard which should be able to handle 4K UHD easily.  But, I thought that 4K was overkill for a 27" monitor and for CM and the other apps I run.  And I am a bit suspicious that 4K monitors seem relatively cheap compared to even 1920x1200.  So, I wonder about the quality of most of the current crop of 4K monitors.

To you and all my fans who have been concerned it's been an "exciting" couple of months - taking care of elderly relative who turned 100 and then fell and in hospital, and at the same time basically moving house 4 times with the final move from US to UK (for a period). 

Getting back into the swing of things finally...   

Actually, after much time fiddling around tweaking the nVidia settings on my old Samsung monitor and old laptop I found that I could have gotten 2560x1440 on that system and not bothered with another 27".

So, now I have my new machine and monitor giving me the same.  The new machine is much more powerful.  Looking at both monitors side by side I think the new monitor gives a little better color and maybe a smaller pixel size so a little better acuity.  But, hardly noticeable.  Tweaking the nVidia settings is what makes most difference.  And to scale the onscreen images to have the correct dimensions takes a lot of time and error.  But, now I can get Grigsby's WITPAE run at 2560x1440 which I never knew it could. Wondering if one can get CM1 to run with correct dimensions.

Maybe off topic and I suppose for CM bigger is always better for screen size.

But for me my monitor does double duty  I also use for Flight simulators: IL2 Sturmovik and DCS world so I would not want a bigger screen than about 32 inches.

It seems to me anything bigger than that and I run the risk of my cockpit being BIGGER than a real life cockpit. Just thought I would throw that out. I know I just made

everyone's day LOL.

6 hours ago, nik mond said:

Regret my Samsung 32" 60Hz 4ms Curved PLS LED Monitor (LC32F391FWNXZA). After 1 year, lots of stuck red pixels showing. Tried all the tech advice remedies. No joy.

The standard remedy for a bunch of stuck pixels is warranty replacement.