Capturing Objectives (non-touch objectives)

Orthok

I am currently playing the campaign "blunting the spear" I have several non-touch objective locations on the map.  What does it take to reasonable assure that you have control of the objective?  Once i clear an objective do i need to leave a certain type/number of friendly units there to capture it for score?

Also, once i reasonably think I have control of all objectives and if i still have a lot of time left in the game (ex: 20 minutes) is there a way to end the game without sacrificing levels of success? Or does the game automatically end the mission when you have actually completed all the objectives?

Thanks,

George 

25 minutes ago, Orthok said:

I am currently playing the campaign "blunting the spear" I have several non-touch objective locations on the map.  What does it take to reasonable assure that you have control of the objective?  Once i clear an objective do i need to leave a certain type/number of friendly units there to capture it for score?

Clear and have at least on solider on the objective. Or a crew of a mounted vehicle.  Typically I would want more than one guy, especially if the objective is big - just to have some people watching out for surprises.

25 minutes ago, Orthok said:

Also, once i reasonably think I have control of all objectives and if i still have a lot of time left in the game (ex: 20 minutes) is there a way to end the game without sacrificing levels of success? Or does the game automatically end the mission when you have actually completed all the objectives?

No the game against the AI will end:

1. When the clock runs out (plus any optional extra time)
  2. When you surrender (not what you want to do in in the above scenario)
  3. When the AI surrenders (if you kill enough enemy then depending on how the scenario is designed the AI will surrender)
  4. When you offer the AI a cease fire (the AI automatically accepts all offers of cease fire)

If you have accomplished all your goals you can choose options 4 - cease fire - which the AI will accept and has no penalties for either side's scoring. You can access the offer of cease fore from the "Menu" button.

• 2 weeks later...