Where is this battle?

On 4/14/2019 at 11:09 AM, danfrodo said:

huh, it's always my MG / BAR guy that gets it first 🙄

That's because he is tired from lugging around that heavy weapon with its larger allotment of ammo and is not paying proper attention to threats and the need to quickly take cover.

HTH :D

Michael

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2019 at 4:39 PM, user1000 said:

having beaten all sp battles never saw the one shown here.

Alas, the CMFI trailer is not based on an actual battle. When I made the trailer I had to construct an almost entirely new map to suit my purposes. I then designed a battle with a lot of different units to both sides, as BFC would like a trailer that would showcase the variety of units available in the game.

On 4/13/2019 at 6:48 PM, sburke said:

it was staged, look closely they are all actors...  At 3:33 that is Tom Hanks.  You may remember him appearing in a CMBN action where he got the moniker "tube guy".

Actually, if you look closer you´ll see that´s Clint Eastwood - but otherwise you´re not too far off. 😀 Most of the "action" is staged for the purpose - not part of an actual game. I played both sides and used a lot of short covered arcs to control who was firing at who.

So there has never been a playable scenario of this battle - but I did upload the map. It is still in the Scenario Depot:
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-fortress-italy/cm-fortress-italy-add-ons-maps/cmfi-movie-map/

Edit: the download link in TSD may not work. In that case use this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/giv78q7brpvzelm/CMFI Movie map.btt?dl=0

Cheers

Edited by umlaut