American Halftracks?

Is there something different about the way American halftracks area fire then German?With German Halftracks i just hit the target button and select the building or area and the machinegunner stands up and fires, my American halftracks just sit there and do nothing when I select them to target something.

I'm trying to remember. I have a vague recollection that BFC was being slapped about on the boards for US halftracks auto-unbuttoning and the gunner immediately dying ('cause no gun shield) so they changed the behavior. I don't entirely trust that memory, though. Someone's liable to show up and say "Not true! Never happened!" :unsure:

Edited by MikeyD

6 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I'm trying to remember. I have a vague recollection that BFC was being slapped about on the boards for US halftracks auto-unbuttoning and the gunner immediately dying ('cause no gun shield) so they changed the behavior. I don't entirely trust that memory, though. Someone's liable to show up and say "Not true! Never happened!" :unsure:

Nope, you got it right :)

Apart from the slapped about part. I remember it more along the lines of "BFC receiving much well thought-out and reasonable feedback".