Interaction with weapons/each other.

Maybe I missed something.  I was playing a mission where my officer on a roof top was the only one with line of sight to enemy tanks.  So I had them run into a vehicle acquire a javelin and run back to the roof top.  Targeted the enemy tanks and nothing happened.  They would not fire the javelin.  The instructions are printed on the weapon !  Also, had an officer acquire a bunch of 7.62 machine gun rounds to take to a machine gun that was almost out of ammo but the transfer of the ammo would not take place.  Do you have to be classified as "antitank"or support for that to happen?   In my military time no matter what the weapon was as long as you pointed it in the right direction you were usually good to go and it didn't matter who brought you additional ammo.

11 minutes ago, transporter said:

Maybe I missed something.  I was playing a mission where my officer on a roof top was the only one with line of sight to enemy tanks.  So I had them run into a vehicle acquire a javelin and run back to the roof top.  Targeted the enemy tanks and nothing happened.  They would not fire the javelin.  The instructions are printed on the weapon !  

Humm I am surprised at this. Just to verify they had a launcher and a missile right? If you have a save it would be good - unless I am totally wrong and get corrected by someone else before you come back with a save :)

11 minutes ago, transporter said:

Also, had an officer acquire a bunch of 7.62 machine gun rounds to take to a machine gun that was almost out of ammo but the transfer of the ammo would not take place. <snip>

Automatic ammo sharing only happens within a platoon. So if the platoon LT gets the ammo it should work but the Company CO or another Lt will not. However you also need to know that auto ammo sharing from non ammo bearers happens only when the consuming team (in this case the MG) is out of ammo and then they will automatically acquire ammo one mag, belt at a time. Dedicated ammo bearers is different - in that case the MG team will use ammo from their bearer team first before switching to their own supply. This allows the ammo bearer teams to zip off and get more while the MG keeps firing. There is no mechanism to transfer non trivial amounts of ammo between teams.

1 hour ago, transporter said:

Maybe I missed something....  So I had them run into a vehicle acquire a javelin and run back to the roof top.  Targeted the enemy tanks and nothing happened.  They would not fire the javelin....

The army will have both the Javelin missile and launcher like this ...

U8opUq3.png?1

You need the Javelin ATGM Launcher (CLU). Once you have a CLU, you acquire reloads by choosing Javelin ATGM (missile only). The image above shows two warheads and one CLU. Acquiring the Javelin ATGM Launcher gives you both a CLU and a missile. While acquiring the Javelin ATGM gives you only a missile.

The marines will have Javelin ATGM (missile only). They have dedicated Javelin teams so, an officer grabbing a missile as you mention has nothing (no CLU) to fire it.

Edited by Howler