Micromanagement question

Maxno

Sorry if this has been asked before, can't seem to find any info about a little micromanagement question I had.

Is it possible to tell an atgm team to look out of a different window on the same side (and floor) of a building they are in? Asking because it is a matter of covering a long road or being blocked by another building a few meteres away in a game im playing.

target arcs and face are both that not too reliable. Key is to have as few as possible guys at the windows generally, always splitting up the smaller the building and fewer the windows/openings. Thus for my missions i.e  I always prefer a lone sniper (crew 50%) before a team with observer, even it it limits the snipers spotting abilities some beyond 300m.

The only issue with unit facing that I can see is their spotting ability from directly behind. So your units generally facing in the right direction(s) should be enough for them to spot an approaching vehicle that's within LOF. Especially if we're talking enemy tanks.

For urban/MOUT situations I find this use of the face tool quite beneficial. CA similarly applied (180° CA and 90° away from the intended target/LOF action spot area). This also gets all the guys at the windows early, so in case a target appears they can all blast away without loss of time, which IMO can be quite critical in close range environments.

The example shows a 5 men split team in upper story of a large city building and 5 (edit) 4 windows at the front.

erk3ys.jpg

Edited by RockinHarry