WIP: British Army Uniforms, Helmets, and Gear

6 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Well, I'm up for doing the uniforms, once I finish the Goumier for CMFI RtV and a few things for 37mm and the Heaven and Earth mod. I have some of the weapons swaps already, too.Ā  Ā  I have a number of uniforms "base-camo'd"Ā  (but much more work needed on them and the helmets and gear)Ā  for the various African Bush WarsĀ combatants and for the Philippines.Ā  I need to do some more for more recent events in Burkino-Faso , Mali, Chad, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Nigeria, etc., etc.Ā  Basically, the whole effing continent!

A well-deserved like from me ā€¦ awesome mate.

2 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Where the hell are we going to get an Eland-90?Ā  :unsure:

Making one out of a Stryker MGS might just about be possible to one of the Mod Wizards.....But they might need bribing in some fashion.Ā  ;)

At some point I will have a good sit down and think about platforms and conversions - I have a pretty good idea of the kit list for sure but less of an idea on the most suitable platforms for a skilled modder to convert using all that new-fangled super clever blender jiggery pokery.

8 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

I know they can be visually removed but it would unfairly burden them compared to the real world and also make them a lot better protected than they were.

That, I suspect, we are stuck with as one of the limitations of the game, some things just can't be made to go away other than visually (the lads did try, believe me).....But how much would the player actually notice this?

PS - This is why I added the comment about the 40mm GL in the German unit, I doubt that could be persuaded to go away, but one of the Mod Wizards might be able to make it into something else (an M79 Blooper in H&E for instance).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

6 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

I knew you were tinkering with something like this as well - I would be really interested in the details -Ā 

Fictional scenario inspired by 5 Commando and the African bush wars.Ā 

Ā UDacBmsh.jpg

The problem is that I got myself distracted and have three scenarios, from three titles, in the works.Ā  I need to focus on just one and get it done.Ā  From modern day policing in CMSF2.

Ā VAPiOIoh.jpg

vDlF7OMh.jpg

To CMRT (this one is the fault of @theforgerĀ and his Mission to Maas scenario).Ā Ā 

gTVusaAh.png

75sqn8Gh.jpg

Just the three!Ā  ;)

I'm constantly mucking around with dozens of things (& finishing very few).....One of the joys of these games IMHO, with a bit of imagination there are just so many things you can try out and in my experience, you will keep discovering new things if you do so.

PS - I vote for the middle one first.....But I supect you knew that already (I genuinely almost fell out of my chair laughing at some of the craziness in testing, by far the most fun I've ever had playing a CM game).Ā  :D

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Has anyone seen my mod on the Mod Warehouse? I donā€™t see it there, and Bootie hasnā€™t gotten back to me in several weeks a outing posting it,Ā but I thought maybe he did anywayĀ and I just canā€™t find it for some reason.

Nope.

Are you using the old CMMODS III site or the new CMMODS IV site?

IIRC @Oleksandr had similiar difficulties in the past but he seems to be using the new site quite reguarly, perhaps he could be of assistance if @Bootie is currently unavailable?

Thanks 37, but I need to get ā€œauthorā€ status to upload anything. Iā€™m waiting for Bootie to get back to me. I know heā€™s been busy, so itā€™s just a waiting game. I just wanted to make sure he didnā€™t upload it himself and forgot to make me an author, or something like that.Ā 

• 2 months later...

Hey Splinty, how they hanging? Ā Didnā€™t I already release those, lol? I guess I didnā€™t. Iā€™m waaaay behind on modding;Ā RL and other hobbies keep getting in the way. I have to finish the Goumier for Rome to Victory before I finish the MTP for the Brits. But Iā€™ll get there.

22 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Hey Splinty, how they hanging? Ā Didnā€™t I already release those, lol? I guess I didnā€™t. Iā€™m waaaay behind on modding;Ā RL and other hobbies keep getting in the way. I have to finish the Goumier for Rome to Victory before I finish the MTP for the Brits. But Iā€™ll get there.

Lets go, old man. You have years to make up for!

LOL. Good stuff, buddy. I am very glad you picked the paint brush since SF2 was released. You always produce quality stuff.

Ā 

Mord.

I get it. The inspiration can ebb and flow. I am just getting over one of those myself. Will see how long I can hold out.

Now get Martha's room done before she kicks your ass!

Ā 

Mord.

• 1 month later...