WIP: British Army Uniforms, Helmets, and Gear

After a looooong hiatus from Combat Mission, and then hand/wrist surgery, I finally got back to this and finished the dpm woodland camo. I will upload them as soon as I get the readme and whole package together and squared away with Bootie/CMMODS. Tomorrow maybe. Mtp camo will follow but not sure how soon. 

First two pics are with shaders/shadows on. The other two are with them off (well, shaders might be on in the last one, not sure).

Cheers!.

Screenshot (73).png

Screenshot (61).png

Screenshot (65).png

Screenshot (63).png

13 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Sarge, I actually owe 37mm some tiger stripe uniforms for the Heaven & Earth project.  But I think he or someone else did them already during my hiatus. I need to contact him about that.

I've have been happily anticipating you getting back into the modding.

With a bit of renaming, this mod should also help with the Dutch (who also wore DPM back in 2008).

I'll send you a link to 0.954 (and its many, many placeholder uniforms) shortly.

20 hours ago, mjkerner said:

No mix and match, unfortunately, cuz I haven’t finished the dpm desert! Also, I haven’t heard back from Bootie yet, so as far as I know, they’re not up at the mod warehouse yet.

I'm looking forward to the Rhodesians you were working on - a lot of the Heaven and Earth terrain stuff is suitable for African scenarios.

A bush wars mod would be awesome.....But where would we find the guns & the vehicles? 

Damn we need another Cold War era title.....CM:A is an unloved orphan, despite having some great potential and we can't do everything with CM:SF2, the tech is just too high (or low, depending).  :unsure:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

And the MG of choice was the good old FN MAG which is in CMSF already.  If Bushwars stretches to the Portuguese there's the MG3 … which is in CMSF already.  The issue with Rhodies is likely to be finding four-man 'sticks' with three rifles and an MG although I am sure it can be done using individual teams and a lot of unit pick jiggery pokery in the editor.  I for one am determined to see it work.

I'd be up for making some generic maps/core unit experiments if you fancy exploring the concept a bit..... @MOS:96B2P was experimenting with what might be considered an early iteration of a very similar concept using CM:FI, which triggered my own 'Banana Republic' ideas (& desire for troops speaking Spanish/Portugese).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

28 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

Rhodies is likely to be finding four-man 'sticks' with three rifles and an MG

One easy way is a Canadian Platoon HQ & LMG Team.....That gives you a very flexible little four man unit and the right LMG too (more or less),  you just need to replace the uniforms, rifles, voices/sound files & TBH pretty much everything else.  ;)

Alternatively there's the German 4man LMG team.....At the end of the day you will still have to mod most of the same things, but it's the right size OOTB (one disadvantage may be that there's a 40mm GL in the unit too).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Well, I'm up for doing the uniforms, once I finish the Goumier for CMFI RtV and a few things for 37mm and the Heaven and Earth mod. I have some of the weapons swaps already, too.    I have a number of uniforms "base-camo'd"  (but much more work needed on them and the helmets and gear)  for the various African Bush Wars combatants and for the Philippines.  I need to do some more for more recent events in Burkino-Faso , Mali, Chad, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Nigeria, etc., etc.  Basically, the whole effing continent!

1 minute ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

One easy way is a Canadian Platoon HQ & LMG Team.....That gives you a very flexible little unit and the right LMG,  you just need to replace the uniforms, rifles, voices & TBH pretty much everything else.  ;)

Alternatively there's the German 4man LMG team.....At the end of the day you will still have to mod most of the same things, but it's the right size OOTB.

Yeah but there's the body armour and helmet thing to deal with - I know they can be visually removed but it would unfairly burden them compared to the real world and also make them a lot better protected than they were.  Anyway - I'm not a modder and it will also take somebody like @37mmto pull the thing together I think, particularly if we want Unimogs, Alouette III G Cars, Alouette III K Cars, Hawker Hunters and Lynxes etc.